Finally got my license... How should I kit out the 0.22 and 12 gauge?

Yes, but the fitment of a recoil pad may help prevent the development of a flinch.

1 Like

As already suggested, buy and for a good recoil pad. Limbsaver make good ones, that’s where I would put my money. You may need to adjust the length of pull to get the shotgun to fit you well, makes a big difference to felt recoil and shootability…

Picked up my gear today. Went with a Leupold scope.

No limbsavers in stock but they will get one in for me.

They had a nice littler starter pack for ammo

Now I just have to wait for McGowan to open things up so I can go to a range…

Or invite myself to a property on the long weekend!

2 Likes

Good stuff. That ammo sample pack is a good idea.

Go and buy some cheap shit 22 ammo as well, my little Anshultz loves cheap subs.

Don’t discount cheap ammo

1 Like

The good old Claremont starters pack, one of their good ideas. You should be able to go to the range as my local ones are all open.

1 Like

Had surgery on my hand so still no chance to use them but did celebrate settling my case with WAPOL with a mag extension and custom engraving.

5 Likes

I love it mate!:ok_hand:

funny

Should send the photo to the firearms branch for a giggle.

1 Like

I’m not going to post it on social media but they are probably lurking here.

I’ve always tried to be polite to them so hopefully they just have a giggle if they do see it.

1 Like

Attach a pic of it to the ballot paper at the next election!

The biggest scope you can find, a forward handgrip and definately a tactical bayonet on the shotgun, you know for close quaters plinking

3 Likes

Good to see that you are adapting to the WA way of doing things :rofl:

1 Like

Well updates…

Joined Canning Club - took a long time but finally settled in.

Waiting on license for a Lithgow Signature series 223 and Marlin 1894C… funny we have another COVID lockdown a few weeks after I put in the paperwork. So I’ll just have to be patient :roll_eyes:

And have a deposit on a s&w 686-3 and 0.22 Browning Buckmark for when I get club support. Purchased as a 1k package deal from another member at the range. :grin:

2 Likes

@Mullmans Good stuff and congratulations. Yeah you got to love the timing of the lockdown but hopefully it will be over and done with on Friday.

The Browning Buckmark’s are a very accurate piece and I think that you will enjoy it.

Yeah to tell the truth I just wanted the 686 because I though I’d be bored with 22 after 8 months of going through the motions but another shooter at work said grab both.

The 686 has a worked trigger, adjustable sights, speedloaders, holster… It’s beautiful. I’m hoping the old boy will bring it along while I’m waiting for the club to sort out their committee meetings and paperwork and I should be able to buy ammo once the marlin is approved

686 for Mandar matches
Buckmark for field pistol

Kinda my thinking

Next step is getting into reloading

Careful you are on a path down the rabbit hole and once you start there is no turning back lol. :wink:

Haha. I did have a chuckle at the memes earlier in the thread. It’s so true.

Future purchases in no particular order:
300wm
9mm Glock
45 1911

Must get up to Canarvon and shoot the big boi bmg

Some of us don’t even know how to turn back.