What I did in guns this week.

The .223 Ruger Predator that i put a new boyds stock and bedded had good returns too. Horrible factory trigger must go.

Bedding rocks!
The Ruger .375 African threw the 300gn round nose Woodleigh potatos well under an inch too at the 100m mark. Very satisfied!!!

3 Likes

Went for a stalk, no luck this time. However thats the way it goes at times, regardless I enjoyed spending some quality time, err… bush walking with one of my bang sticks. Meh… just good to get out there. :flushed: :grinning:

Did you see anything?

Beautiful scenery and a couple of tracks, was perfect conditions for that… rained last night and a little on our way out, but not as much sign as we would have liked. There defiantly there, but just didn’t spring anything in the selected gullies… couple of gullies over who knows? Thats hunting though… old mate noted some preaching in the area, strong sent so considering the recent rain ?
Was still awesome to get out there with a couple of mates that take safety seriously and have a stalk. :sunglasses: :smiley:

There’s always the next time…

2 Likes

I googled R licences and tried to read up about some state forests near where I’m moving soon.
Looks like fallow, goats, pigs, wild dogs, bunnys and foxes will be on the menu.
I’ve never hunted pigs before so that should be fun, I’ve hunted deer but not shot one yet so I don’t mind hearing I can continue to be thwarted there, lol…

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: 310 Cadet - reloading, ejection issues

Where ya movin to mate?

Northern NSW mate

Oh cool, some not bad areas to hunt !
Didn’t mean to be nosey lol, just that if you were moving to my area I would of give you a bit of a start on some places to hunt, when do you head up there mate?

All good mate, I’ll be near Grafton, where abouts are you mate?

Braidwood area, about 50k’s east of Canberra towards the coast.

That would be nice around there. Plenty of deer around there?

It’s a very nice place, we had a farm there many years ago, there’s some great shooting in the area too.

6 Likes

Yeah mate, heaps of deer , pigs too. :+1:

1 Like

hollis shotgun with bp shells

6 Likes

Looks sweet mate

Very nice photo, good eye.

That’s awesome! I miss shotgunning vermin…

If my slightly inebriated eye’s are working correctly, that’s your Baikal you got some time back mate. Appears you have got her barrels adjusted nicely and have taken some good feeds with her mate. I really like that girl, she’s sexy imo. :beers: