What I did in guns this week.

Cheers mate!

Congrads in having sex too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Was that my old martini enfield?

No, your old Martini has never missed a beat. This was my cadet.

1 Like

Let me guess… Bettram brass in the cadet??

Any Zouave tips? I have one in the mail…i hope…

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 310 Cadet - reloading, ejection issues

Oh wait, I did something this Sunday! Ran first 22 PRS-esq dressed rehearsal comp at the club. All steel, 3 stages, multiple shooting positions. Final being KYL. Loved it. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Learned a bunch of stuff to make rule updates. Excellent day by all. I also gave my new 20" Buckmaster PB-12 a test drive, but that’s not important :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shot a comp with a 455 Webley. Ohhh yerr. Didn’t do too bad either, although struggled to squeeze all 6 rounds in 4 seconds. Not that kind of a gun. But other than that, yep! Got a nice load too, without too much dicking around. She went alright :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why not the martini i posted for you in the .310 thread? PTA not back yet?

Can’t buy up all the cool stuff, people get upset. Left it for you mate, you get it :slight_smile:

If only i had a pistol license i would have!

Start the process…

1 Like

310??? Where??

Been working on this since Sunday - I’ve been wanting to try 3D print some stripper clips for a while now, cause I haven’t been able to find legit metal ones for reasonable prices.

Initial design didn’t really work well though. I printed the walls of the clip at the rim too thick, and it refuses to fit.

I’m going to try print some with thinner walls, but they already seem to snap pretty easily. I’ve gotta be careful about the orientation that I do the layering in cause it really seems to affect the bending resistance.

6 Likes

That is genuinely a very cool thing to do.

Anyway I had fun today. Clay throwers got a friggin work out, 8 boxes.

4 Likes

Had a visit sunday morning at around 11am. from a couple of local police officers to check my storage and the likes . Was a reasonably good visit with no problens at all . But did have to giggle when i opened the first safe and was met with the comment 'jeez i didnt realise that you had that many we might be having a late lunch ’ followed by myself informing the fella 'this is just the first one . You probably should have brought a packed lunch if you’re hungry haha. And proceded to open the others . 2 hours and a lot of laughter later They both left happy . And i was left with one of the biggest games of adult tetris ive played to date putting them all away haha

6 Likes

Had a fun pistol & rifle plink and sighted in a couple of red dots at Wattle Grove Park out at Amamoor, unfortunately it’s about two hours away but it’s a fun range so worth the drive.
Bought some odds & ends and spare parts from Cleavers, and while i was there grabbed a few thousand rounds of purple Syntech in 9mm, i really didn’t need any but it was on sale so i had to get some, rules are rules after all lol.

But really, did you realllllly didn’t need it? Like really really?

Well, it’s like, it was there and it wasn’t mine, so that kinda didn’t sit well with me because i knew deep down it wanted to be mine, so, i did the right thing and helped it out and gave it a home.
It still has some lonely homeless cousins left there that i may have to help out when i go back next week to pick up some stuff on order too. After all it’s not nice to play favourites :laughing: