DMAC knives for sale

Now, now, be nice, I may just be working on your order at the moment…recognise the initials?

Just finished these two

1 Like

Just finished this one.

@JizzFlinger , yours are heat treated and tempered. I’ll get stuck into them next.

3 Likes

Cool!

And no rush, they are Christmas presents.

Three of a kind, well sort of…

4 Likes

Old school “Blacksmith” or “Viking” style 4.5" knife and 7" cleaver. Both forged from 1084 steel. I gave the bevels of the knife a bit of a polish, the cleaver is straight out of the tempering oven.

2 Likes

Lools like medieval surgery implements.

“Nay thee clotpole! The Hebrew sir hath said cutteth A and foldeth backeth ov’r C! Nay slice b and stretcheth betwixt the berries! Anon, thee have nimble-footed a knave be a wench!”

2 Likes

Almost finished another one. This is another prize knife donated by my mate for the Victorian State Silhouette Titles.
The winner wanted it to be better than the last one I did because a mate of his won that one.
5" blade, 80CrV2 steel. Stablised Ringed Gidgee scales over G10 liners with brass guard and multi-pin construction with filework. (This is a $500 knife in case anyone’s wondering.)
First pic is before final polish on the blade.

3 Likes

Very very nice mate. Great craftsmanship. :+1::+1::beer:

Thanks mate. The addition of the guard creates a lot of extra work, as does the liners and the multi pin construction. Then there’s expensive handle material and the extra work to hand polish the blade, (I must buy a buffer), it all adds up. I would say that this is probably the best one so far, those photos don’t do it justice, (it also wasn’t quite finished), the blade has a mirror finish and the timber has exquisite figure.

5 Likes

Also finished the one lurking in the photo.
Its a take on a Joe Flournoy compact Bowie. 4" blade of 80CrV2, full tang with brass guard, multi- pin handle of stabilised Huon Pine on black G10 spacers. (Old Timer Sharpfinger for size comparison.)

3 Likes

Ive got a Schrade ‘uncle henry’ that has very similar shape to that ‘old timer’.

With all of the wet weather I haven’t been able to do much outside, so I’ve been able to catch up on knife orders and sheaths.
I fired up the forge and bashed this Seax out to vent a bit of frustration. It’s forged from a spring tine off a cultivator, the reverse of the biblical verse about “beating swords into plowshears”. :grin:
I haven’t decided on whether to go with a hidden or through tang so I left enough steel to go either way. I’m going for a “made back in Viking times” look so it’ll be a forge finish with timber or antler handle. Blade should finish around 9" long, it’ll be a beast but just what you need on your next raid.
I can go custom from here if anyone wants to get in touch with their Nordic heritage…

3 Likes

Just finished this one. An 8" filleting knife as a birthday present for my younger brother. He’s in W.A and does a lot of fishing, he also catches some really nice fish that he enjoys sending me photos of him struggling to hold up. (smartarse)
It’s made from N690, which is an Austrian stainless steel that can be heat treated in the same manner as high carbon steel. Juma “Blue Dragon” handle scales with carbon fibre pins. ( Sort of fits for blue-water fishing) I also had a crack at using Kydex for the sheath, overall pretty pleased with how it came up.

3 Likes

Back into knife-making after a bit of a break. (Been busy working the truck and also getting the crops sown here on the farm.) Just about finished this one for a mate I shoot BPCR with.
5" Drop-point Hunter in 80CrV2. Stabilised York Gum on the full tang handle, brass multi-pin construction.

It’s a nice match with my .45-90

9 Likes

Beautiful mate!

1 Like

Love that handle profile

1 Like

Oh
I see.
Six months later you just walk back into my life like everything’s okay huh Dad? HUH???

3 Likes

That does look sexy and I don’t even like wood.

Thats not what you said last night baby.

Basic anatomy, I use that style a lot for hunting/skinning knives, it fits.

2 Likes