DMAC knives for sale

I’m sorry “son”, I’ve been busy…

1 Like

I knew you’d ve back, i hope those Newports smokes are just how ya like 'em!

Can we play catch later??? Please Pa??

Can cornfirm, works as advertised.

1 Like

Good to see someone actually using theirs. A lot of them go “straight to the pool room”.
Was that one of those “hot, moist and sticky” moments?

1 Like

Yep, glad to be in and out asap!

Ripper knife for just everything from whittlin sticks to smashing crabs.

4 Likes

A couple more ready for their respective owners.

6.5" Bowie with stabilised Ringed Gidgee scales

9" Pig-sticker, forged from 5160 with G10 guard, spacers and pommel. Stabilised and dyed Maple handle,

4 Likes

Can I send a drawing for a quote? Son wants a 25cm “kodachi”…yeah he plays a lot of Call of Duty
tim-curry-contentment

Sure, no worries. I’ll have a look, no f’in idea what you’re talking about when it comes to gaming…

I’ve got this one up for grabs. I made it as an assessment knife for membership of the Australian Knifemakers Guild, I needed a hidden tang knife. (Passed with flying colours).
It’s hand-forged from 5160, 6" o/a blade, 5.5" cutting edge. 11.5" overall length.
Arizona Ironwood handle, ( stabilized ), heirloom fit to the brass guard. Blade is polished, I find it gives it better stain resistance. I can make a sheath to suit, your choice of style and material.
Message me if interested.

4 Likes

Had a bit of 5160 left over from the pig-sticker so I drew it out and finished up with this.
115mm blade, flat grind, 1000 grit sanded finish. Tapered tang with stabilised Walnut scales over blue G10 liners, stainless Corby bolt fasteners. Smooth and subtle. PM if interested.

4 Likes

Just about finished this one. 9" Bowie forged from 80CrV2,brass guard, ebony and Juma “Blue Snake” handle scales over black G10 spacers, file-work on spine. It’s for the bloke who has the Rabbit Trap Hotel at Albert, NSW. (look it up)
It would be a great little “bunny” knife for the size of the rabbits the trap would catch…

8 Likes

Hooly dooly thats just showing off.

1 Like

Hey Dan, tell us about the chains around the anvil eh?

Have you seen @bentaz big toes I am sure he can post pics to remind you if you missed his first big incident. Dan I bet doesn’t want to suffer the same fate as him or the Whylie Coyote.

@JizzFlinger
Okay, make a cuppa, convoluted explanation following…
I’ve had that anvil since I was 14 and learning to be a farrier. It’s an old English “London Pattern” made from wrought iron with a hardened steel face from the late 1800’s. It weighs in at 282lb.
The hardened steel face was an innovation to make anvils last longer, yes, you can wear one out.
(Prior to C1860, anvils were just wrought iron and relatively soft.)
The hardened steel gives the anvil it’s “ring”. The chain is just a way to quiet down the anvil, you can also use magnets…
While some folks like the noise of beating steel on an anvil, it gets tedious when you spend a lot of time doing it.
I have a more modern “German pattern” anvil that is made from cast steel. It is a lot harder and really rings loudly. I use a welding magnet to cut down the noise on it.

5 Likes

I see.

Im so tempted to make a slavery joke but @juststarting will bore me a new hole.

He will.

I did another stall/display at the Trundle Bushtucker Day a couple of weeks ago…
Needed some stock in a hurry so I finally got around to finishing the Viking Seax and a couple of other knives that have been sitting around unfinished. Had a pretty good day out, sold 6 knives, some 'smithed items and made a bunch of fire-pokers made on the day.
Pretty slow start but once I fired up the forge and started hammering it drew a crowd.
Big day for town, 2500+ visitors, they overwhelmed the local cell tower and almost drank the town dry…

Viking Seax with Scandanavian Bog Oak handle, leather horizontal carry sheath

6.5" Bowie with stabilised Miniritchie handle

Making a Rat-tail handle fire-poker, putting in a twist.

7 Likes

Can you knock me up a dozen sets of leg irons please. Extra thin.