CZ 515 lever release 22LR (reviews)

You wash your mouth out with soap, young man! A22R is not going anywhere!

1 Like

It was a question not a statement. Room for both is the answer I Guess.

1 Like

Yes, both viable. A22 has its charms.

I haven’t seen influx of second hand savages, so there’s that.

1 Like

I love the CZ

Think I will get myself a pair of these

Cause why not, and no where else seems to sell them.
And they ship to Australia, works out to about $100 a pop.

I’d be keen too, split the shipping :slight_smile: But don’t you need the “forms”

Are 15 rounders Vic legal? I know these are not - https://riflemags.co.uk/cz-25-round-22lr-magazine-452-453-455-457-512/

Yes, they are legal in Victoria. However on further research there could be an issue.
It’s confusing and a grey area.
15 round mags for a non semi auto rimfire are legal in Victoria.
I have a Ruger with a factory issued 15 round mag.
A cat C semi rimfire is limited to 10 rounds.
A semi auto rimfire greater than 10 rounds is classed as cat D.
These CZ mags fit the CZ512, a semi auto.
So they are technically a Cat A legal magazine, However, on importation can be viewed as a cat D magazine that requires an AG permit. Or they make a fair chance of just arriving on my door. It’s ambiguous and it’s a tough gamble without more solid info.

There are some 15 round CZ magazines here already, but they sell for silly money when they come up.

Rare, hard to track down and expensive. Trouble importing them would certainly explain why.

Would magazine extenders be an alternative? I’ve seen a few online but I’ve always been wary about ordering that sort of thing from overseas. Does anyone know of any locally made ones?

3d printing may be an answer, I know there are 5 rd CZ printed mags out there.

The legend himself Ideal Small arms will probably make some polymer extendos if the 515 becomes popular enough.

2 Likes

Muzzle Brake with “Blast Shield” has arrived. I reckon it looks pretty cool.

4 Likes

It looks very cool! Coincidentally mine arrived today to. I had a chance to test fire. It’s amazing. The recoil is reduced to nothing, like shooting a .22. :crazy_face:

In reality, mine did arrive today too, it looks very cool. The photos don’t do it justice. If you go tactical you go tacticool! Unfortunately the thing is loud AF, compared to shooting subs out of 20" and 22“ barrels (did a quick function test today). But damn, it looks cool. I like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are all American. Just different stock.

1 Like

What he said. Registry is only interested that you have that serialised reciever.

Plead ignorance…when they want to take all the tactical stuff off people, you will have no problem

The only tactical rifle I have is a No5Mk1 which is essentially a tactical solution to an immediate jungle warfare problem. Everything is is tacticool :wink:

1 Like