Bradshaw Boltless Rifle

This is a new take looks like a cross between a pump action and a break action. Not sure how the mag works perhaps an internal.

3 Likes

Novel.
I think it’s provoking a little Fuddism from me, though…
Like a solution looking for a problem.

The take down aspect could be handy for remote hunters but I’m not seeing great accuracy coming from that set up…

Im out…not for me

Hard pass for me . Each to their own but looks janky as hell to me

Me thinks Bailey might enjoy a few tasty drops of LSD in his morning coffee.

3 Likes

Does kinda remind me of a crackhead craigslist add

1 Like

I dont find the rifle very … from a practical point of view. But I do see it as a novel take on alternative bolt operation. My biggest concern is the actual strength of the total rifle. I have had a stock crack due to recoil previously and to me this design puts a lot of stress on the bolt in a direction other than directly backwards.

3 Likes

I can just envisage old mate out hunting & getting rushed by a bear and trying to quickly reload while shitting himself & panicking and ending up with half a rifle in each hand and becoming bear food. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah I am sure it would take some getting used to. I do like the take down feature it offers because of that though. Transporting and storing large rifles is a pain.

To me its a just because rifle. Why does it have to be anything other than that? Something different… I’m sure someone will enjoy it. I mean, the same could be said about bolt action rifles vs semi and lever etc. Just something different that appeals to someone who likes different .

4 Likes

Thats not a Martini Cadet! Love them! I need more of them!

1 Like

Yeah it can be a “just because” gun & i don’t think anyone’s saying he shouldn’t do it, or going fudd on it. We’re more just laughing at it.
Also bolt actions have a valid place due to their superior accuracy, where semi and lever have a valid place for their speed & ease of follow up shots. Whereas “just because” is the only reason for Baileys beast.

1 Like

17 posts were split to a new topic: Bolt vs semi - accuracy discussion.