Bored shit-posting

I over paid for mine a bit at $85 but support local business and blah blah also because i was impatient and wanted it now from a shop rather than wait from online, they’re worth about $60 depending on the steel, mines ’ blue paper steel ’ ( named after the paper they’re wrapped in during production ) which is a bit of an upgrade from the base or SK steel, can find them easily online and some knife shops i think at least here in perth had one in stock

2 Likes

This Australian business sells them for $55.95

4 Likes

Blacksmith Takeda used to make a range of traditional Japanese garden and farming tools as well as knives, but it appears that catalogue is no longer available and he just makes knives now. He would use the same Hitachi metals you mention, but would clad them in stainless or in regular iron, depending on the tool.

5 Likes

Sure a lot of people lost their homes in last year’s fires, but does anyone stop to think about all the innocent reloading equipment that lost their lives?

5 Likes

Simplex, it probably still works…

2 Likes

I’ll soak it in some oil and see if it can be saved.
Having gone through a fire the steel might be brittle and fucked, but it’s worth trying to save.

2 Likes

Wow, what a find.

Holy snappin duck shit… that is HUGE!
WTF is it, exactly?

1 Like

More likely annealed and soft and probably distorted out of tolerances but a good salvage, for sure!

I like your tarp palace too. Definitely an upgrade, mate. :+1:

1 Like

The wood stove could be handy, if it’s not rusted out…

It’s the rear wheel group, the bit that the rear tyres and rims bolt onto, this particular ones fresh off the boat from Brazil, the ones that come from 3rd world countries usually have some interesting surprises

3 Likes

Dear Sellier & Bellot.
Far cue and your stupid bastard undersized primer pockets. I HATE YOU!!

1 Like

Chamfer man. One pass and it’ll be good. I have a phd in S&B brass fuckery.

Fark that, its aking a full minute of chamfering and uniforming to get those pricks to slide in. Gawwwwwd!!! Im fuggin raging over this crap!!!

$1.10 a case??? For 30-30 winchester???

1/2 an hour jigging around with three different priming setups, REEEEEEEEE!!!

Then get rcbs primer pocket swagging kit. Have - like. But I just chamfer. All it needs is a bevel.

I beveled. Then I beveled some more. Then I beleved a lot. Its like they’ve swaged a couple thou brass intonthe pocket at the factory, theres even a rough edge like the top of a ring. On the lyman case prep machine, its catching so badly its stopping the motor almost. Cant even slide a manual sinclair uniformer head in there to get started.

I think Ill juat go and buy a brick of loaded Remington.

Starline, no stock. Supplier no ETA.
PPU no stock, Supplier no ETA

What a time to get into 30-30 eh?

Call Centreway in Melbourne.

Will do.

I tell you what, the amount of stuff out of stock at Brownells in the USA is ominous. There is a lot of shortage over there, not just on ammo either, but whole firearms.