Bored shit-posting

Grew up in Ballarat and the freezing cold. Many holidays to Queensland and also went to uni in Wollongong. Now live and work around Shepparton.

I can handle the cold and find it easier to adapt to. I can put on another jumper. Thermals if I reallllly need to. Once it is uncomfortably hot, there is nothing to be done.

That being said, at least once a winter I end up browsing teaching jobs in QLD and Singapore.

2 Likes

I too grew up in Ballarat, and wear shorts 365 days a year…go figure

What’s there to figure? Everyone else is just soft!

1 Like

Just over 3 degrees here this afternoon. Then we got a good dusting of snow for a while. I think it is just starting to snow again now. Not cold enough for it to stay on the ground though. It is melting very quickly as there is also a bit of water as in rain or wet mist in the stuff falling from the sky.

Shorts, thongs & a t-shirt here today…bloody winter!!

Pants, socks, hoodie, hood on, heater on, kettle on, brrrrrr

The combination of covid lockdown, essentially unlimited overtime being part of the supermarket supply chain, a reasonable tax refund and my local parish “The Church of Bunnings” now closed.
My gun buying sickness has taken a turn.
And the search still continues.
The recent CZ lever and assorted straight pulls has awakened the beast. My Milsurp purchases are now far more selective. I have enough modern bolt actions to handle any application.
I now crave the different and interesting variants of any firearm.
And to my brothers and sisters badly affected by this lockdown , I’m truly sorry , and hope things work out all right for you guys.
Anyone else suffer this affliction?

2 Likes

Yep. Although I’ve always had a weird eclectic taste. And most definitely will put my finger in most pies (giggles) when it comes to encouraging new products to Australian market. I want an Arisaka and a Mk3. That’s about it. Mauser furniture for Israeli would be nice, but not a necessity. Other than that, just want funky weird stuff (and pump action 22s). However! A long range fully sick tactically tacticool radest of the rad magnum calibre is definitely on the cards in the far future.

…and one more bolt action 22, but I’m way too selective in that department and there’s really nothing out there that takes my fancy.

And very much so. At the very least, hopefully this won’t last long and all can head back to work.

It almost looks like France is looking to recolonize Lebanon,

Bwahaha that was my thoughts

New bong?

1 Like

I guess… Also, steam chamber.

So not a column still then.

Sssshhhh. Only for essential oils.

Victoria’s new housing boom, get one now while you can…

I’d prefer this one.

1 Like

For some reason I woke up about 4:30 this morning and until about 5 mins ago i was 100% sure it was Saturday, even when my lawn guy turned up it didn’t click, i just thought he must of had a big week, and that firing up the whipper snipper at 8am on a Saturday’s a bit rough. I think i need another coffee.

So just letting you guys know Saturday’s not 'til tomorrow OK. :wink:

2 Likes

In Fiji we call this a Lovo. Except we dont put people in them any more, just pork and taro.

Also, who pinched the purchase permit out of my letterbox?

1 Like