Bored shit-posting

500K for a thermal and a few shooters. Pretty sure it is cheaper and more effective to just let volunteers go out and control feral cats instead of making it harder for them…

Yes. But.

a woman in a pink jacket says " yeah but no but yeah " in a store

But WA but

I’ll do it for $480k…

1 Like

Fuck…. You guys think shooting is a rabbit hole…

Don’t start looking at upgrading hifi speaker crossovers :flushed::flushed::flushed:

Don’t worry, I won’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, nahh. More important things to do…

Thankfully I don’t even understand what that means.

1 Like

Neither did I.

It’s the electronic circuit/network in the speaker that divides & routes the right frequencies to the woofer/mid/tweeter.

I got a pair of speakers from my late old man & learned that the capacitors degrade over time which effects performance… looking at bringing them back to what I remember them being.

By the way… its so frustrating having about 20 rabbits within 50m every day & not being able to shoot them because now I’m a “townie” and have neighbours right beside me…

Air rifle from inside the house?
Oh… did I say that out loud?

I miss rabbits.

4 Likes

“Townie” ay? Soon, you, me, lycra, lates, yes?

I mean, i don’t ride or own lycra, blah, i don’t even drink milk, but i would for a late date with you. :slight_smile:

Now I’m frightened! :rofl::flushed:

1 Like

View of bunny city for you… only 5-40/50m from my back door.

Spot the 2nd bunny…

IMG_4334

1 Like

If your going to do it right you first need to test the frequency response of your speakers. Dont believe any advertising material. Once you have that you make some decisions on how you will split and modify the total signal into parts to feed each speaker.
In practice it is much harder to achieve in the field and some really high tech instruments are needed.

PS
I thought about this for a minute and in todays climate of internet I thought I should add I assumed the first two steps had been done. They are set a specification you want to achive then have the speakers that are able to achieve this. Crossovers vary from simply two way upto I dont really know at least 5

1 Like

Yeah… it’s all more complicated than those rabbit warrens!

In the end, I’ve decided just to upgrade the capacitors with higher quality of the same values.
I was thinking of installing new high & low pass filters at 3.5khz, as the tweeter spec states 3khz-20khz recommended frequencies & the woofer recommended top end is 4khz but swapping out caps should keep it as originally intended by designer so that’s where I’m going. :nerd_face::+1:

If only you could acquire yourself a whisper pickle it’d be rabbit stew time. Or as @bentaz didn’t say, slug gun from inside :grin:

And my favourite soap opera just keeps on delivering.