Auction time of year again

New catalogue for the April auction is out.

Having a quick scroll through, I noticed that they designate a lot of pistols as Pre '46 or Post '47.

What’s the reasoning behind this?

Definitely some nice things there… I want.

They have yet another Chinese Mosin in 7.62x39 (#384).

Honestly can’t tell at this point whether they keep listing them wrong, or if there’s something I don’t know about. I’m honestly tempted to inspect the rifle in person with 3D printout 7.62X54R round now to gauge it.

Just use a drilled dummy round…

Don’t have a drilled dummy. 3D printing one shouldn’t be too hard anyway. Think the drawing already exist online.

You just need a 7.62x54R ye?

I’ll prolly print out a 7.62x39 one at the same time to use. As well as a bunch of other stuff that I’ve been meaning to try like stripper clips. I needed the set up the printer anyway.

I was going to say I can make you 54R if you need one…

The only things I can think of is that they are listing them wrong, which seems unlikely, or an importer rechambered them for what was a more common cartridge, which also seems unlikely.

So odd.

Just finished having a look.

A good range of stuff. HEAPS of black powder flintlocks and percussion muskets.

For some reason their Lee Enfield estimates seem very low.

As usual, I am tempted to throw in low bids in the hope of grabbing something for a bargain but don’t want to get stuck with 10 bargains that add up to a final bill I can’t afford!

Realistically, I might put a bid in on one of the two long Carcanos or a MK4 No1.

Other option I guess is the Chinese government rechambered it? Which is even more unlikely in my mind as I don’t think there would be any real saving for them in terms of ammo costs or whatever.

Doesn’t make sense that they were experimenting with it either for a more modern Mosin, because they started making their version of the SKS very soon after that.

If it’s a legit 7.62x39 Mosin, I think I would put in a bid on it. Quirky little thing with a crud load of that steel case Norinco ammo promises to be good fun.

The advantage of a 7.62 * 54 is that you could at a pinch use the enemys 7.62 * 51 ammo if captured but they could not use yours.

For Category 1 and Category 2 collectors I’m pretty sure.