Ask the Shotgun Experts

Bet he votes for the greens too. :roll_eyes:

Making 410 out of 303 brass isnā€™t that unreliable, tons of people have done it.
Buy a wad punch to stamp out wads and cards and youā€™re on your way.

1 Like

Noā€¦ I vote for the Liberals so I have have something to complain about with their shocking environmental policiesā€¦

:yum::rofl:

Thanks for that link, Dude. :ok_hand::+1:

Not sure if my mate has tried it or is going off hear say but he was quite sure that there was a high failure rate in the conversionā€¦ might look into it more but if I can buy proper shells new then why bother!?!

So how do I seal the shell?
Is it an over card and roll or is it a star crimpā€¦ I just like the idea of this old gun with brass shellsā€¦ kindā€™a cool anā€™ old skoolā€¦

Just reading I can buy and use cork or felt wads in the brass shells and glue an over card to seal it, rather than crimp the shell.

1 Like

Just thought I would repeat myself.

Yes, i could but i want to use brass shells/hulls to avoid plastic. I think if i bought 50 brass shells they would last me pretty much for the rest of my life.

Yeah, I agree you should be able to reload brass cases indefinitely.

1 Like

Then cut rifling and make some slugs. Boom, a nice double barrel 45LC. I approve.

1 Like

And have cool hipster kudos whilst doing so! :rofl:

1 Like

Well, I guess your approval is what I base my decisions onā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::thinking::yum:

I am keen on the idea of slugs, thoughā€¦ those zombie wallabies wonā€™t stand a chance!

Oohā€¦ imagine the hipster kudos in hunting fallow deer with an old skool .410 Damascus SxS with slugsā€¦ I might look into the legalities of that on in Tas!

You wonā€™t get any hipster kudos, because you wanted to get hipster kudos. Thatā€™s not how hipsters work, ironically. Besides, hipsters and hippies are mortal enemies.

Minimum of 6mm diameter and capable of 1350joules at 100mā€¦ how do i figure out if a 410 slug will do that???

Itā€™ll do the diameter, you just need to get your speed and weight and do some maths.

Dunno the maths, butā€¦

I dont off the top of my head anymore either, but Iā€™m sure Google will have it.

I guess you could do a modification of the Harley tighten up a nut process.
Just keep increasing the powder until it goes bang and then back it off a little.

It does have 2 barrels and you only really need oneā€¦:man_supervillain::man_supervillain::man_supervillain::man_in_tuxedo::man_in_tuxedo::man_in_tuxedo:
(I wanted a mad scientist thing but couldnā€™t find one)

1 Like

Thereā€™s probably an online calculator or two too.