Anybody else swaging.

@1Fatman I’m hoping it works out well. I just hope everything holds together as the 243 is a bit of a zipper. Hope don’t have to download it too much im sure you know what I mean.

1 Like

I’ve given some thought to electro plating some of the slugs I cast. @sungazer got me thinking about it.
Powder coating them is also on the cards.

I tried the electroplating just could not get it quite right man, my parameters with the electrical currents were really off tap which caused mixed results. I know and old bloke that buys cheap nail polish of eBay and coats his 12g 7/8 oz Lee slugs with it the pink ones look sick with a roll crimp.

1 Like

Found this for 12g

@GUN-DMC are you hard?

I reckon that would be an understatement lol.

Tried it and the copper usually separates from the lead core, I’ve always thought about running a hard cannelure to assist in keeping it all together. It is a sweet idea though

I’ve seen that before, not exactly precision stuff.

You mean “real sling shots.”

I wonder if there is a cartridge case that lends itself to swaging 308 cal bullets. For my 30-06 of course.

I recon you could get away with 38 special.

Have you tried dipping the copper in bakers flux prior to filling with the molten lead? You would then effectively “solder” the lead to the copper tube.

1 Like

Nah I haven’t tried that old bloke might has to have a look at that and see how it goes

Hmmmm :thinking: any1 need 1?

Not cheap thing to jump right into is it.

1 Like

http://www.corbins.com/csp-1.htm
Some more info on the above press and the gear that goes with it for those that are interested.

It’s definitely a serious piece of gear.

Whooah! Some serious coin there.

Bloody oath, you would need to make a lot of pills to recoup that.

@bentaz roger that!