Animal prints on file

Note the 4 points of contact.

Notice the five points of contact and distinct doggy appearance of the print…
Also, having done me some CC skiing… it’s a dog print of some sort; either feral domestic or dingo. :wink::+1:

Footprints01

I still reckon those tracks are from cross country skier going downhill. They are wide apart, not like a dog walking in the snow. The holes in the snow are made by ski stocks.

Ok. It’s a CCskiing dingo… :rofl::+1:

Yep. Sure looks weird, Aus.
If you head that way often, might be worth setting a trail cam to Youtube viral footage of the CC skiing Dingos! :wink::+1:

I can confirm there was no other markings in the track this time, but i’ll definately keep that in mind,@bogong might explain other stuff one day, i did have that thought as well @Gwion would love to see what time things come out to play

1 Like

The dingo/wild dog would have to be 6’ 2" high to leave tracks like that.

Excellent hunting and great shooting!

It must be a yowi.

2 Likes

Took my dogs down the bottom paddock and got some clear prints by making them walk through mud. Top pic is my small dog and at the very top of frame you can also see the small wallaby print (pademelon). Lower pic is my bigger boy, the print is of him spinning on the spot in his excitement with the game of run through the mud.

I dunno about you @Gwion but looks very similar to me, what a good little experiment!

1 Like

Was going to take them on a half hour drive to the snow line but thought that was takingvit a bit far! :rofl:

Had to go feed the sheep some silage, anyway… :+1:

Definitely weird. I know that tracks in snow can change in shape a lot over time. And thay are way too wide for a dog. Austac, did all the tracks look more or less identical?

Dingo/wild dog paw prints.

29155780-dingo-paw-prints

1 Like

Pair of dogs matching stride. You see at the top of the pick one pulls off into the side scrub by the track and rejoins its budy. You can also see them veer closer and further from each other as they go. I’m by no means a tracking expert but sure look like dog prints to me. Also look pretty fresh as no degradation, no refreezing and if you zoom in on some you can still see small flecks of snow knocked in by the claws that have not melted.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were spooked by your approach and were hi-tailing out of there, hence the long strides.

I also think one had chum and schmakos for breafast, judging from it’s gait. :rofl::rofl::rofl: :yum::sunglasses:

Two separate tracks @Oldbloke, notice how the get closer together up near where the veer close the tree. Also thinking dogs @Gwion :beers:

Yep, I noticed that too. Very odd. There has to be a logical explanation.

I agree with @Gwion, it is quite possible you spooked them @AusTac did you observe any notable change regarding the gait when following the tracks ?

They looked fresh as to me as well, wouldn’t have been hard to hear us coming though i was pushing through some deep sections of snow before hand, i didn’t really pay much attention to gait but noticed some weird behaviour like going near a stump in the bush and then coming back out all weird directions, i kinda just thought at the time " oh yeah somethings been here " then we kept plowing through if i go again i’ll definitely bring a firearm!