Ammo/component shortage or price spike?

You’re probably right, i guess folks must just be buying up. So there’s something to be said about ̶s̶t̶o̶c̶k̶p̶i̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ bulk buying ammo after all.
Geez i hope they get it sorted by 2030, i might be starting to run low by then.

1 Like

I think that if you are a regular user ie as in compete each week where a constant supply of the same components is essential, it is really good practice maintain a healthy reserve. It really is the only way to protect against the foreseen circumstances that can occur. History tells us that it is very common to have supply chain interruptions to Australia and even the whole world.

For several years there was a huge shortage of 22LR in America if it can happen to such a common round in such a large market it can happen anywhere anytime.

3 Likes

And so… The real party is about to begin. With US election approaching and candidates being clearly anti-gun… And your garden variety redneck being the most common of species, guess what’s going to happen next… That’s right boys and girls, ammo and primers are about to get tight, as tight as the… Well, very tight.

Now, has anyone spoken to you about reloading? :smiley: At the very least, if you are considering, I wouldn’t worry too much about powders, but I’d certainly pick up a brick or two (case or two if you are a handgun shooter) of small and large rifle primers ASAP :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/FirepowerUnited/videos/364894254768952
sound on

I hope that’s not what plinkfest was like lol.

That’s what WA looks like.

Jokes about a very tough year ahead of us. The video made me chuckle, then induced a frown. Bought a brick of .22lr today. $80 for CCI mini mags.
Reloading shelves almost bare except the exotic stuff that no one cares about.
Basically no powder of any use. And a blunt warning from the shopkeep, things are going to be very average for a while.
Without being a sky is falling kind of guy, I suggest you guys quietly accumulate whatever ammo or components you can get.
Going to be a rough couple of months, probably longer. Joe Biden getting in won’t help the panic buying in the states for some time either.

Very true mate. May just pay to get a little extra on the next shopping trip eh.

1 Like

I think what’s being said here is that there’s an urgency, because next shopping trip will end up being a disappointment, considering prices and availability.

1 Like

And what shits me is pre-emptive gouging, where pricks markup their old stock, that was bought at much better wholesale prices. It’s okay, it only works once on ex-customers :wink:

5 Likes

Turns out the Remington ammo factory was only running at 10% efficiency during their bankruptcy proceedings.

The new buyers, Vista Outdoors (Owners of Federal & CCI) are apparently recalling all the workers. Hopefully means more supply for us.

2 Likes

My local yesterday had hardly any powder with no idea when any more was arriving. Primers and projectiles still in reasonable supply though.

Something to watch and think about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrV31XTxKeM

It’s worth considering the current ammo deals will only last until those shipments are gone, then it’s going to be stock shortages and difficulties getting ammo until the situation in the US stabilises.

Obviously not all our ammo comes from the US, but a lot of it does, so it will be an issue.

A sensible move would be to make sure you’ve got enough ammo on hand to cover your realistic needs for the next 9-12 months of regular shooting. Obviously don’t panic buy, but be sensible and plan ahead so you’re not caught short either.

Mega outages in Brownells, Grafs, Midway. Orders delayed by 18 days a
at Grafs. No 30-30 brass at either of these stores, so yes, hunters!

I’ve certainly noticed issues getting Hornady and Sierra projectiles. I do most of my shooting with cast lead (HRBC or Spartan) but for my hunting ammo loads I use jacketed or SP projectiles, so it’s something I am keeping an eye on.

When Cleaver is advertising brand new brass, for few dollars cheaper than locally bought factory ammo… I’m getting a little concerned…

Is it me or is there no freaking SK 22LR ammo in Melbourne! Anywhere!

I can help you out with a brick. Cant let those score slip due to shit ammo.

Thanks, @sungazer I am ok for now. I have a brick and it’s really only for one rifle, so all good for now. I just wanted to top up, rang around and WOW - nobody has any SK. Specifically SK, everything else is around. Just weird.