3D printing for reloading

Ehem!

:rofl:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Help me get into/buy a 3D printer.

This been a bit quiet. Anyone messing around with 3D printers, printing anything interesting and useful?

Still waiting for you to print my magneto speed mount if that’s what you mean :grinning:

Was I supposed to @Gregfiddich?

Well, what do you know :slight_smile:

@Gregfiddich pic or arca?

Pic. Only if you can be bothered.

1 Like

What’s the mount for out of interest? I thought you just mount the unit on the barrel?

It does but some people get funny about it impacting the point of impact.

This mounts it to the stock so there’s no influence.

1 Like

I’m thinking to 3D print a mag holder that I can mlok onto my 515.

I found a design online, so I’m gonna print it soon, and see how it fits - will probably need some tweaks though.

@Tempestman link?

Can mlok that directly to the side of my rifle.

1 Like

Interesting concept.

Well i didn’t print it,@juststarting did. He did a great job, the print feels sturdy like it won’t break tomorrow and everthing fitted together beautifully.

There is a bit of difference between the V3 and sporter bayonets but should do the job.

2 Likes

Hopefully it will last through recoil.

Yeah will be interesting. Not sure when I’ll be able to live fire with it. Had to use the chrony old school today as the other rifle doesn’t have a rail.

My printer chocked, and after you live with a 3D printer you can’t live without, so an upgrade was in order. That actually came some time ago, but as always one has to make it neat and their own.

Was looking for a good way to attach a print server to it (RPi), nothing I saw I liked. Everything involved a lot of screws and takin things apart… Meh, so as one does, I designed my own. And while at it, printed a camera mount. For those wondering, I run OctoPi with a web cam, so I can do things remotely.

Snag_38686584

Camera mount I found, the mounting rail I designed. All nice and neat and ready to be the new workhorse. It’s nice to be able to turn an idea into a physical thing!

Anyway, finished up with that last night while finishing another project. And then it was decided for me (although I wanted them too) that 515 magazines needed a coupler.

From about lunchtime to now, in between chores:

Had to iterate through with some draft prints…

Turned out alright, considering I started around lunch time. Now I need to swap out the filament and print it in masculine red to match my scope mount. Or black, because I don’t actually have red :confused: Trying to avoid reloading filament, so trying to think what else I could to use up the current spool. Maybe some reloading trays or something. Or a 22 tube-mag speed-loader, that will probably be the next project. Like Spee-D-Loader, but smaller with 10 round tubes, maybe.

5 Likes

@MaxJon it’s a Prusa Bear MK3S+ from 3dprintergear.com.au. Chalk and cheese between it and Creality. Prints with plastics, correct. I suppose your could get infused stuff like wood or marble or some stuff like that… I never used those. Some may need different nozzles or gears. I print mostly with PETG.

1 Like