3D printing for reloading

Well, I outsourced my “making” talents… I was actually about to start sketching the model, to replace my masking tape solution :slight_smile: And of course, someone already designed one, so I just printed. Bushings for the RCBS Chargemaster.

…and RCBS primer tray is about an hour and a half from being done.

2021-01-03_01-34-21

I am testing out new material, perfect temperature for printing, so I thought I’d give it a crack real quick, before @MaxJon pee’s himself from excitement.

2 Likes

@MaxJon PM me your shipping address.

…actually, I printed for RVC Supreme. I am not sure if they are the same. Can you post a pic of the press? Should be the same, but probably worth to verify.

1 Like
  • Printer does weird thing…
  • I switch settings.
  • Printer does the same weird thing.
  • I reset memory.
  • Printer does the same weird thing.
  • I upgrade firmware.
  • Printer now won’t do anything because print server started giving me under-voltage warnings.
  • I rebuild the print sever on new hardware with good power.
  • Printer now won’t do anything, but progress! With a new error message.
  • I research error message for few hours and go down a rabbit hole only to notice that the printer is off and printer LCD is deceptively drawing power from the print server.
  • I turn on the printer (awkward).
  • Printer does weird thing, but now with vengeance
  • I lose my shit and about to fling the fucker into concrete floor.
  • I collect my thoughts and decide that it’s time to upgrade the motherboard.

(currently waiting on order)
(anticipating 'printer does weird thing but now with double serve of vengeance and ends up with a few extra holes)

In reality, I do expect it to work a lot better with the new mother board. Funny, because after the motherboard goes in it will stop being “that printer” and only parts of the printer that will remain original are:

• frame
  • power supplies
  • motors

Muahahhahah

1 Like

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

1 Like

Ehem!

:rofl:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Help me get into/buy a 3D printer.

This been a bit quiet. Anyone messing around with 3D printers, printing anything interesting and useful?

Still waiting for you to print my magneto speed mount if that’s what you mean :grinning:

Was I supposed to @Gregfiddich?

Well, what do you know :slight_smile:

@Gregfiddich pic or arca?

Pic. Only if you can be bothered.

1 Like

What’s the mount for out of interest? I thought you just mount the unit on the barrel?

It does but some people get funny about it impacting the point of impact.

This mounts it to the stock so there’s no influence.

1 Like

I’m thinking to 3D print a mag holder that I can mlok onto my 515.

I found a design online, so I’m gonna print it soon, and see how it fits - will probably need some tweaks though.

@Tempestman link?

Can mlok that directly to the side of my rifle.

1 Like

Interesting concept.

Well i didn’t print it,@juststarting did. He did a great job, the print feels sturdy like it won’t break tomorrow and everthing fitted together beautifully.

There is a bit of difference between the V3 and sporter bayonets but should do the job.

2 Likes