3D printing for reloading

I’m here lol.

Looks good, a nice clean print and a perfect fit.
It looks just like the one that came with the light system that I brought except mine is black .
Good work.

Booop.

Now you just need to fit it and take some more photos.
I just noticed that you don’t have an on/off switch. Do you have it plugged into the same system as the case feeder etc?

Possibly need to make another thread for tested reloading prints and various equipment hacks. Hrmmm.

Sort of. I have a custom 12V ‘strip’ that I run everything from, so switch is more or less unnecessary, just pop the jack out.

It has a magnet inside too, so it just sits on whatever is convenient at the time.

3 Likes

TL;DR

It works good for rimmed ammo; printing PLA works fine with 90% infill. Might need some sanding as correction for thickness.

Sheesh, I was getting curious about 3D printing. But after js put me onto reading this thread, it’s a bit like how the hell have I survived without one… Darn it, js strikes again. :slight_smile:
Hmmm, just got to convince the mrs. :weary:

@darwindingo Cz 515 first, then the printer :wink:

Hey, Im convinced… but…? Mrs, will take some convincing. Sheesh I remember when I was the boss of me…:joy:
Meh when the budget allows, it’s straight back to the good old " better to ask for forgiveness than permission" lol :mask: farcking covid’s been farcking me for long enough…:mask::-1:

1 Like

Hmm, maybe I can give her ya number and you can help talk her around ?.
Lol… Bahhahaha… On second thoughts lol…:joy:

Well, I guess you could try, feel free to call (03) 8888 9261; but I am not responsible for anything that follows, okay?

1 Like

She seems nice, kinda reminds me of my mum.

1 Like

I need one of those primer catchers!! Can you help me out @juststarting?

Which one specifically?

For RCBS Rockchucker

I’ll see what I can do

2 Likes

Well, I outsourced my “making” talents… I was actually about to start sketching the model, to replace my masking tape solution :slight_smile: And of course, someone already designed one, so I just printed. Bushings for the RCBS Chargemaster.

…and RCBS primer tray is about an hour and a half from being done.

2021-01-03_01-34-21

I am testing out new material, perfect temperature for printing, so I thought I’d give it a crack real quick, before @MaxJon pee’s himself from excitement.

2 Likes

@MaxJon PM me your shipping address.

…actually, I printed for RVC Supreme. I am not sure if they are the same. Can you post a pic of the press? Should be the same, but probably worth to verify.

1 Like
  • Printer does weird thing…
  • I switch settings.
  • Printer does the same weird thing.
  • I reset memory.
  • Printer does the same weird thing.
  • I upgrade firmware.
  • Printer now won’t do anything because print server started giving me under-voltage warnings.
  • I rebuild the print sever on new hardware with good power.
  • Printer now won’t do anything, but progress! With a new error message.
  • I research error message for few hours and go down a rabbit hole only to notice that the printer is off and printer LCD is deceptively drawing power from the print server.
  • I turn on the printer (awkward).
  • Printer does weird thing, but now with vengeance
  • I lose my shit and about to fling the fucker into concrete floor.
  • I collect my thoughts and decide that it’s time to upgrade the motherboard.

(currently waiting on order)
(anticipating 'printer does weird thing but now with double serve of vengeance and ends up with a few extra holes)

In reality, I do expect it to work a lot better with the new mother board. Funny, because after the motherboard goes in it will stop being “that printer” and only parts of the printer that will remain original are:

• frame
  • power supplies
  • motors

Muahahhahah

1 Like

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

1 Like