You can only have one 22LR - what rifle do you pick?

You can only have one 22LR - what rifle do you pick?

Let’s stick within Australian gun laws, because I’d be picking the American 180 otherwise.

So, you can pick whatever 22LR rifle you want within AU laws. Be it for target shooting, hunting, plinking, whatever… No use case, but you can only pick and keep one, what do you pick?

Me… I am a little undecided, but leaning to CZ 515 American (wood) variant with 15 round magazine. Maybe, freak it’s a hard choice. Top 2 or 3 - easy, but one! Mmmmmmmmm.

My little Anshultz 1450 is a great all rounder, I’d be happy with just that.
Then again maybe it’d be my Slazenger mod. 12…
No wait you evil bastard, its like making me pick between my kids, actually worse, i know which kid I’d pick!

1 Like

Loved my lithgow .22, thousands of rounds throught it was really happy with it

Never shot a CZ 515 but it does seem a good pick…
Otherwise, I reckon I’d go with a Lithgow 101.

Definitely wouldn’t be my T-bolt; I like it but not that much…
Also wouldn’t be any vintage offering. If I can only have one, I want modern ergonomics and engineering.

Browning Low Wall, 24" 1/2 octagon, 1/2 round barrel, satin black “bluing”, colour case hardened receiver, globe front sight with spirit level and windage adjust, long range tang rear sight with windage adjust, set trigger(s), satin finish stock, schuetzen / Swiss style butt plate.
OK, so it’s a custom gun, but it’s the only one, right?

3 Likes

I’ll see your Browning and raise you my original Winchester 1885 low-wall with pistol grip and single set trigger. :grin:
P.S. Get rid of the Schuetzen buttplate and come and join us shooting .22BPCR. :+1:

The brain says Anschutz 1727F but the heart says 1885…thinking is for young people with problems to solve. Gimme the low wall with all the trimmings.

As an all rounder,I would also have to put my 515 Woody up for contention.

It’s not as accurate as some of my bolt guns, it’s not as cool as the tactical model but damn if it doesn’t do everything very well.

Comfortable all day plinker

Light and handy, would make a terrific bunny gun.

Practical accuracy is more than adequate for everything short of hardcore comp shooting.

I’ve seen what your practical accuracy looks like… :laughing: 3 letters… K…Y…L teeheehee. Ok, ok, I am done.

That was hardcore comp shooting, life and death sort of stuff.

*Post deleted. *
Read the title
Smacked again…ouch!

Model 2 BRNO if I have to move to WA.

I’d reckon I’d go a LA101.

I’m now leaning to LA101 too.

Cz457 would be my go to.

I was considering 457, but Lithgow’s cerakote won me over. But now I am thinking, maybe it should be 457, because it lacks rubberised parts other than furniture. Arghhhhhh this is killing me.

1 Like

I would have to go with my christensen arms ranger .22 . It’s been a joy to own and shoot so far and has never let me down,

1 Like

I have a 457 but would still go a Lithgow. I’d also put my BRNO above the 457 as well.

If we are field bolt guns …Anschutz 1451

Anschutz 1727 Fortner.

EDIT: Hey I already said that like a year ago.