What other hobbies do you have?

Oban is fantastic, but if you like that, try bottle of Isle of Jura Superstition

Next time I splurge on a bottle, I’ll give it a go. :+1:

Added to list of to-drink

What about port? I don’t really drink anymore but I wouldn’t mind a nice glass of port.

Rutherglen and other north east vic fortified wines are some of the best in the world. Look up Taminick wineries near Glenrowan. Near where i grew up so i am a bit biased but the world fortified wine judges agree you can’t get much better. There are about 3 wineries in Taminick: Taminick, Baylies and Booths.

1 Like

Nice I’ll have to look them up, not that I should be drinking any way :grin:

Making and drinking beer, fishing, caravaning, camping, shooting, reloading, Mother Nature and a few sciences.
In the past. Motor bikes. Minerals and geology, gem cutting, classical music.

Oh, did i mention beer and poking the Mrs?
Bye the way, I love my work.

1 Like

I’m probably in too deep into too many hobbies, but Horses, cars, bikes, boats and fishing are probably the bigger ones, also into brewing my own beer, along with drinking others, also love knives of all shapes and sizes and also just love building things, and anything that gets me out bush when I can is always good.

2 Likes

As my wife tells me, too many hobbies. Blah blah blah… Guns are a given right? Other hobbies I’ve invested lots of time, effort and money into include martial arts (karate, judo, muay thai, boxing), fishing, scuba diving, boats, cars (I’m a panel beater by trade), target archery, bow hunting, horses including horse archery, dirt bikes, bush walking.

My main time eater at the moment is my kids. Luckily my daughter loves her horse so I can stuff around on her reject pony whilst getting bonus points for being a great dad.

3 Likes

I dont really have other hobbies. I work, do family stuff and shoot.

1 Like

I’m all over the place with hobbies, going to give magnet fishing a crack now.
My first little magnet arrived finally yesterday, I have to buy some line on payday then I’m off to fish around some bridges.

AliExpress - paracord.

Ok I am going to do a Pauline Hanson “Please Explain” WTF is Magnet Fishing

Basically you tie a strong magnet to a long piece of rope and chuck it out into the water and drag it back in, the magnet will pick up anything made of steel on its way in.
In europe people are doing it and finding all sorts of war relics and interesting stuff, I’m hoping to find cool gold rush relics, might just find fence wire, but you never know?

:rofl: and I thought it was some new way to actually catch Fish.

You just berly up with steel shot first!

3 Likes

Sounds like gold detecting for iron. Lol

1 Like

yeah, its treasure hunting for boring people!

Dont think we would have the same treasure rich ponds / dams as they do in Europe. I bet there was a lot of stuff just dumped in the water rather than ship them home. Like what the Americans did to some of their entire fleets just sank them or used them for Nuke tests.

1 Like