Well fark - wait for the reaction.

Back on topic.
I just heard on the news that many nz gun owners are already turning in their semi auto rifles.

1 Like

If the NZ government goes down the path of banning them I think that it will be like here and they will only get the registered ones and the ones that are knackered.

If I heard right semi auto sporting rifles need to be registered in nz, but I donā€™t know how long thatā€™s been the case.
But yes a buy back will be a massive, expensive waste of money.

Really, because thereā€™s a buying frenzy.

Re registration, only certain types, but not all. Not the one that shitcan had in its original configuration.

Just saw a video on Facebookā€¦ a rabbit is going towards a shooter and his friend on a road. The shooter shoots at about 10m mark, misses. Then again at about 5m mark missed abdollah then tries to stop it by kicking it.

Maybe thatā€™s why we need semiautoā€¦ to kill the waskly wabbit :joy::joy::joy:

If they are shooting on a road they should have their firearms removed.
Can you share a link to that vid please? So we can use it as an example of what not to do.
As for hunting, hunting it not a need at all, but it is a legitimate hobby / pastime as Iā€™m sure youā€™d agree. Iā€™m personally on a mission to swap out my hunting rifles for single shots, but that doesnā€™t change the fact that I would love to shoot targets with a bren gun.
I have shot all manner of semiauto rifles and shotguns (pre 96) and shot and carried modern military rifles and machine guns and they are great fun.
Iā€™ve also shot artillery, itā€™s even more fun. If I was allowed to own a howitzer (And was rich lol) Iā€™d have one and Iā€™d let you shoot it and I donā€™t think youā€™d say no to the opportunity.

I think you should add medical care to that list of ā€œneedā€ and most people need companionship/love

1 Like

No, I would actually argue that hunting is much closer to need than want than target shooting is, which really is just a want, as is playing golf. But I prefer to eat free range, ethically harvested meat, taken from feral animals that would otherwise be damaging our environment. Yes I can buy farmed meat from the shop, and fill my need for protein, but itā€™s not the same thing is it?

2 Likes

I think @GUN-DMC was following the logical train of thought, that @Gunmut established, rather than making an accretive statement.

1 Like

Lol true dat.

It read on one of the Facebook pages, not in australia though

1 Like

Why donā€™t you get a muzzleloading cannon? Thereā€™s not too many hoops to jump through. And I can put you in touch with a blacksmith who has legally made one - under an hour away from youā€¦

I wish I could afford one mate, I know its just a cat B firearm here in Vic, legally I could take it out and hunt with it lol!

Set it up on a warren and go hunting wabbits.
I think you may be surprised how cheaply it can be done. Apart from feeding it of courseā€¦

2 Likes

Hmmm :thinking:

Well spoken, but few little terms (e.g. truther) tells me heā€™s a nutter. Then ā€˜sites bannedā€™ - mmm, I donā€™t think so. Another conspiracy nutter.

Shadow ban however does exist, but itā€™s a Twitter term, on YouTube there are no shadow bans, just bans. Mixing his conspiracies a little. And of course a sprinkle of Port Arthur. FMD, what a load of shit. Raiding people? What people!? Who? How? Unregisteredā€¦ Too much face palm here.

God on him, needs to keep the mind active in his age. Wouldnā€™t take him seriously.

Listened to 13 minutes of it, that I will never get back. Too many nutters out there.

Was interesting watching but he sort of jumped around a bit.
I never seen the video that he talks about where he says that you can tell there is more than one shooter.