Wedgetail Industries MRP308 (Rhonda)

I agree with the mob the 223 I think not only would sell better but is a better suited calibre for a pump. My reasoning is that in a 223 the recoil means you can keep the gun on target through one shot to the next.

I got a bad vibe if these sort of rifles become popular. I would like one for sure. Can’t help the feeling that if these go mainstream like the Adler it’s going to result in legislation changes.

Yeah, I don’t know. It’s too puuurty for pigs. Besides, those folks would probably go for a semi instead.

Not all farmers with pig issues can get a CatD or afford to pay a CatD pro…

@Supaduke. I’m with you. It’s kind of pushing the envelope on the appearance/function: might end up pushing C/F pumps to CatC.
Stoopid? Yes but we all know what the panic merchants are like…

1 Like

The AR styled platform i’m in no doubt is the best layout, id rather a straight pull though, can’t see this being bipod friendly, a straight pull in 300 winmag and i’d be all over it :heart_eyes:

Spring assisted straight pull in 300wm would be neat. But I do like pump more if it’s one vs the other, in smaller calibres.

1 Like

Yeah I am thinking its more of a standing position rapid fire type platform. More than happy with the bolt for prone bipod. Unless of course we had semis then there would be a crossover point in calibre even with a brake that recoil interferes with ability to control point of aim.

Not much good having a rapid fire gun on a bipod if it jumps 3 inches high, 4 inches to the left, and cants the rifle horizontal each time you fire.

Wait, you actually aim when you shoot?

tenor

For eye shots yes :grinning: Others off the hips is ok :poop: or BS emoji :grin:

So has any1 on here ordered 1 yet??

Yeah who’s bought one? Bueller?

I would like one in 358W.

I’d like one in AR15 munitions

Do they make them in .500 S&W Mag?

I want one in 12ga

Pump action shotguns are cat C my friend.

Ok then, I want one in single shot!

Eh, I think you need a few more magazine fed pews :slight_smile:

For that sort of cash it would want to be accurate. Certainly looks the goods. It would have some wow factor at the range or hunt camp. Just hard to get past the $3k price tag. So many options for that. Or multiple options. Plus you have to add some decent glass, bipod maybe, few tactical widgets, new furniture and you are looking at a $5-6k rig.

WTF, how is this thread all of a sudden alive.

Anyway, good mount would be sub-$250. Glass, with assumption of pump action semi semi auto rapid fire, to 100 meters, anything beyond that for our environment is probably not a pump action. Anyhow, I digress, glass - something like 1.5 - 5 or to 7, that’s sub-$800. Transfer fees and all that, that’s a total of about $1k all up - give or take. Unless you go red dot. I’d go red dot, that’s like $300 all up. Personally, I’d go red dot.

Not sure what other furniture you’d add to that… Seems complete as is.

Yeah, $1k on top with glass or $300 with red dot. Oooo maybe a spare couple of mags, that’s another $150 (if they are standard mags).

…but like I can talk :relaxed: As it is right now, I am not sure, I’d like one, in 223 though (or 44, definitely in 44).

They make proper semis, so I personally (and I could be 100% wrong) think this is a bi-product. Use mostly the same parts, swap a piston for a spring and all that crap. Don’t know. I love pump actions as plinkers. Probably wouldn’t take one hunting though and would be pretty uncomfortable for target shooting. In IPSC they use this, as well as 7615’s, but yeah, pretty limited use and purpose I suppose.

Then again, I don’t usually view firearms as a tool, more a toy or something cool and neat, so this would certainly fall into that.