We are on Discord

I am not going to write a detailed howto and what not… Originally started for gamers, where they could chat, text, voice, video, have rooms/channels for various topics, etc. while playing a game on a different screen (think IRC v2.0 - those who know, know).

Discord is a chat platform. It is not a forum, where knowledge can be shared and archived… And it’s not Facebook where, um, :face_vomiting: - what it is, is a chat platform. Where information is transient.

This is an idea I have been toying with for a while, I am not sure how it will go, so if you are tech savvy and like talking shit in the middle of the night… If I see it’s detracting from the forum content or just not working, I’ll kill the experiment. In the meantime, here’s an invite link (below), we’ll see how we go.

2 Likes

Discord is also great for screen sharing.

Mates and I have been using it to do watch parties of tv shows and movies recently.

Another one I have used and really liked was Teamspeak, I used to use that when playing Battlefield Vietnam and then 3 and 4 but then sort of fell out of the online gaming as the team got into all these new fancy games.

I will down load it but nothing is free. I am running very close to the edge with bandwidth limits with the rugrat at home watching you tube vids or doing schoolwork.

2 Likes

I lost so many hours of sleep to BFV. Those were the days…

That and BF2 which was great until the hackers took over.

Yep, i have to agree BF2 was great…and then the hackers and aim bot cheats ruined it