Wattle Grove Gun Shop

If it’s public knowledge, care to expand or share links?

3 Likes

The chap who owns it (Bruce Bull) is in trouble with NSW Police for allegedly selling gun parts to someone at a gun show without sighting a licence. As in “Extradited from QLD to NSW to face charges” type trouble.

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-gympie-times/20200627/281530818289902

In Queensland, gun parts are just that - random parts, no licence required - and WGP was well known as an excellent place to get random parts for old guns that could be hard to find, and I don’t believe anyone genuinely thinks he’s knowingly involved in anything seriously criminal.

As to the whole “how dare he cut up old guns!” thing - my understanding is he generally only cut up sporterised/shit guns anyway. There’s a fuckton of sporterised SMLEs and Mausers and old Winchesters and .22s etc out there that aren’t worth saving (rooted barrels, missing odds and ends) but things like the bolts and magazines and springs are still salvageable.

2 Likes

Couple of things to note.

1. At the moment it is an alleged offense.
  2. Has Qld WLB jumped the gun a bit by (presumably) revoking his dealer licence before a conviction?
  3. How can NSW Police be so sure that he “failed to sight” a licence. Unless they have misconstrued the legislation and that sighting requires that details are recorded? Two different things.
    Just asking.
    And, BTW, I have bought good parts from him, that would have come from otherwise trashed firearms. Can’t see any problems with re-purposing.

By making a test purchase.

1 Like

Well written, unbiased article there. :face_vomiting:

There’s a few other articles but they’re all behind paywalls. A Google search should bring up some of them.

2 Likes

Journo makes sure to mention the guy shoots animals in Africa which readers assume are protected/endangered. Even though those hunts have literally nothing to do with the story.

1 Like

And links him to crimes that are not even law yet and hard drugs.
Fairly typical I guess. :-1:

Looks like they are back online…

Poor old guns :sleepy:

Yep back on Used Guns too. I can hear the angle grinder warming up now :rofl:

4 Likes