Virus tracing app to be launched

But have you downloaded it yet??? :rofl: :rofl:

No, No, and to make ten characters No :grinning:

Yes, I have.

But have you activated it???

Do you think that a person that has tested positive for the virus and knows that they face huge fines if caught leaving self isolation 1. Would have downloaded the app? and 2 If they did download the app would take their phone with them when they left the house?

I would think they would more likely leave the phone with the app on it at home to avoid being detected away from home.

2 Likes

My understanding is that it isnā€™t used to track people who are already positive, but keeps track of people the user has been in contact with for the last two weeks so that if the user tests positive in future itā€™s possible to alert the people in the apps backlog. In saying that, I donā€™t have it either

Correct, afaik. And itā€™s probably important to deferentiate between tracking, in a sense of remote data collection, which is what people usually think of, however the app doesnā€™t do that. And what the app does, i.e. store data locally, on your phone and allow data transmission to whomever for contact tracing, with your authorisation, if you are diagnosed with the plague. It stores locally names and phone numbers.

Unfortunately nothing exciting about this app, other than it doesnā€™t work for some users on Apple devices.

Keep in mind, every mobile security expert on the planet is now poking this app and looking at the guts. If thereā€™s something to find, you would have heard about it. And you can always uninstall it later.

So given that they have released the source code can you get the number of the hot chick you managed to get close to and stalk? :rofl:

or does it only store imei numbers of the phones that have to be decoded by the telcos at a later date? Cold water shower.

:roll_eyes: