Special Bulletin LICENSING & REGULATION DIVISION
NEW FIREARM LICENCE APPLICATIONS WILL GO ONLINE
25 MARCH 2019!
Electronic Lodgement Process (ELP) for new firearm licences Will go live on 25 March 2019
We are almost there!
This is Release 2 of the project (Release 1 being new private security licences) which will result in the majority of manual (hardcopy) firearm licence application forms being replaced with electronic forms. Online application forms will be available using the Victoria Police eServices portal.
Through the eServices portal new applicants will be able to submit:
• New longarm licence applications (Categories A/B, C, D or E longarms).
• New handgun Licence applications (General Category or Category E handguns).
• New junior firearm licence applications
• New heirloom licence applications
• Provisional general category handgun licence applications
The following forms are not yet online:
• Corporate licence
• Ammunition, antique handgun, Category 1 and Category 2 Collectors licence
• Paintball marker licence
• International visitor permit
• Firearm licence renewal (all categories)
Existing hardcopy applications will no longer be available from police stations, firearm dealer stores, shooting ranges or for download. Licensing and Regulation Division will cease accepting hard copy applications from 24 April 2019.
Licensing and Regulation Division will provide ongoing technical support as we have with Release 1.
Licensing and Regulation Division looks forward to supporting the wider firearms community with this modern and efficient new application process.
On top of this you can now email PTA’s directly to LRD instead of using snail mail.
Keep up the good work guys!