Top 4 gun wish list?

The wish list is of course something that changes like the wind. There are also wants for different reasons ie Just because and then the more practical side. Anyway mine at the moment would be

A 44-40 lever gun. maybe 2 because I would like an historical one say 100 years old and perhaps a new nice shiny one.
A Black Powder rifle probably a cartridge type rather than a front stuffer.
A custom 7mm SAUM target rifle
A 7615 Tactical Remington with Mesa High fitting and then a lot of Magpul extras

The above is not in order of wish.

Irish contract no 4 mk 2 .303 fresh out of the cosmoline

Weirauch hw110 .177 air rifle

Bergara hmr pro in a .30 cal of some sort

Henry lever gun in 45-70 of some sort

A C stocked 03 Springfield.
A .50 cal
An early war K98
Any/all bolt action military issued sniper/DMR rifle.

Mate, knowing your history with all guns, can I suggest a Mosin. It shoots, it’s over 30cal AND IT’S INDESTRUCTABLE! <-- that last one is important in your case.

1 Like

I like my case hardened Henry. It is worth the extra dollars imho. Longer Octo barrel is a nice feature.
The standard is still very nice , but plainer. It is shorter and significantly lighter though. The brass is cool, but the super shiny reciever can be a bit harsh if shooting in bright sunlight.

3 Likes

I shot that at plinkfest one weekend, thats actually the gun that made me realize i wanted one

1 Like

1886 Pedersoli 45-70
The Fix by Q 308
Anschutz 1727F 22LR from custom shop USA
SKB 880 Crown grade, 1980-ish model 12gauge

How wishful is this wish list?
Szecsei and Fuchs “the elephant’s life” in 375 h&h (assuming money isn’t an issue)
Something tacticool with a suppressor in 510 whisper (assuming suppressors are now legal)
12g Chiappa triple threat
A rifle with a martini style action, full length stock, in either 7x57mm or 7x57mmR

As wishful as your state legislation allows, @Ats3

Yeah, Vic’s not bad, but I’d say we’re quite a while off. And maybe a lotto win before anything that nice would be coming my way. But the second two are achievable.

Trying to find the only picture I have of my pump action shotgun has made me want a pump action rifle.

I realised today , my entire pre 96 gun collection I have exactly one photo of me holding my new Remy 870 a few days after I bought it.

Getting the camera out was rare then. Each photo was precious and you often judged if a subject was worthy of using film.
Or some event or amazing thing would happen and we would say “shoulda taken a photo of that”.
Now I take 17 photos of cupboard handles at Bunnings cause she didn’t want to come, but wants to see every handle they offer. Anyway , I digress .

3 Likes

giphy

May I suggest a few :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pump guns are a bit like babies, nice to hold, and when you’re done nice to give back :joy:

1 Like

After your track record with firearms, like babies, no body on this forum is going to even let you hold one.

3 Likes
  1. a 1914/15 issue No1 Mk3. I want something just like what my great grandfather would have had in his hands on the morning of the 25th, not just something “representative”
  2. PCP in .22
  3. Muzzle loader, preferably something original, not repro. Still trying to decide on flintlock v percussion cap…probably flintlock
  4. A classic double rifle in a dangerous game calibre

If I may chime in with one more, I would love to have anything Larry Potterfield screwed together, particulary the Almost Perfect Safari Rifle. My fantasy is finding out that he’s my real Dad.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rifles used by ANZAC troops at Gallipoli

Juststarting at least Austac cant be accused of treating anyone else’s gun not like he would treat his own. :rofl:

1. BSA 22lr mag fed pump
  2. Vulcan 44 mag pump
  3. Mosin Nagant 91-30(in bullpup CBRPS stock)
  4. 7.62x25 Tokarev in any configuration
    In no particular order just send guns, an I’ll deposit $$$$$ lol
1 Like

True, he is equal opportunity clutz.