Too cool for tacticoolness (image dump thread)

What’s the release lever for in this photo?

Thats for the integral bipod. Unfortunately pretty useless. Its too tall for any human to use comfortably without resting a backpack under their chest or something. The factory back up irons are also impossible to use if your head isnt the size of a childs.

Big chested small heads sound just fit for the perfect soldier. :laughing: Only Joking.

1 Like

mmm big chested and small head, sounds like a girl I use to date many years ago :upside_down_face: :wink:

2 Likes

You know, @Gregfiddich, what use is a “tactical” tripod with a saddle, when you have no fiddy to strap in to it.

Vintage ‘too cool for tacticoolness’

Operator: @bentaz; equipment: @AusTac; armoury, restoration and reloading services: @juststarting

:rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl:
Clearly the current understanding of tactical is completely wrong. A Boonie hat and sandals is all the gear the modern operator needs. To be honest i am surprised pants are part of the kit.

It looks like one shot and they will fall off by themselves, not much holding them up by the looks lol.

I was going through a tripod stage ( mostly to try and zero my heavy af springer air rifle ) but didn’t want to pay the $300-$400 for a ’ shooting ’ tripod, after this experiment, i can assume you, 'shooting tripods ’ are worth the cash :joy: the muzzle flip off that thing would lift the rifle clear of the rest

1 Like

Old manfrotto with the hog saddle and an 8.5kg braked rifle. It doesn’t move much.

I use the tripod a fair bit when the crops come up and can’t shoot prone.

3 Likes

@JizzFlinger I know it’s been here for 16 days already but that xbow is cool as cat shit.

1 Like

Its a unit eh?

1 Like

Yeah!

Well I promised some pictures of a 7615 that I bought and was waiting for some new bits to fit it out Tactically. Well the bits have arrived. Some complaints with some parts as the fitting parts didnt fit and I had to make up my own. The scope rings are too low, so I have to buy some higher rings. I also bought some angled forgrip parts and a straight grip to try out. I also used a stock I had on another gun to see if I liked the bigger heaver stock or should go a medium fill type. I am not a fan of the just tube and shoulder pad.

Question is should I put all the gear on for the photo or should I just take a photo of it when I am happy with it?

Please post your suggestions on what you would like to see.

I will take the advice and delete this post and suggestions later to keep it an image only thread it time to come. bit suggestions first please.

Also happy to list the components used and my thoughts on them. will also be seeking some suggestions on parts not yet acquired.

I only wanna see the gun you’re going to use.

When it is done and ready to use.

Less talk, more gun.