This shows the real SSAA and the mess it has created.

Not saying they wouldn’t take advantage to feather their own caps, but yeah maybe the loophole only extends to supplying members? Dunno

1 Like

sungazer, let me paint a picture for you, then you might understand the analogy.
As a Queenslander, I pay for membership of the RACQ. Previously, as a New South Welshman I paid for a membership of NRMA.
Both of these entities lobby on behalf of ALL motorists in those States. But, if you want to enjoy the use of their roadside assistance, or some other service that they are able to supply, you have to be a member. Or do you hold that a non-member should be afforded those services? Seems you want to eat somebody else’s cake.

3 Likes

@oldAG no I understand what your saying and in this circumstance what they are saying doing is a fair benefit for their members. Just as is reduced range fees at their owned and run ranges.

Where the line get blurry for me is that they often promote themselves as an organization that stands up for all shooters rights. The reality is though any deals they do with the Governments is normally to try and put themselves in a position to make themselves more important or needed by shooters and to make money from that. A bit like supporting Safety courses for Licenses and then charging people to sit them. There are plenty of other avenues that provide the courses for free. The local DFO also attends the courses and presents the legal side of the course he is not charging for the service.

4 Likes

Hi, I am a new member but having issues with SSAA Qld and would like to see the podcast. How do I download it or do you have a link.
Thanks
Greg

Think this may be a question for @NationalShootingCouncil or @ShootersUnion

1 Like

I dont know how Bill Campbell got so far in SSAA He a complete asshole! Took me all of a 3 min phone conversation to work him out, and others have confirmed this to me.

Yes he is good at turning people away from his personal shooting ideals.

The way i see it SSAA is a business which is very dollar driven. One only needs to attend Springvale on a Monday night, to see just how dollar driven. Also the owner/storage agenda they are promoting there is not friendly to shooters.

Sometimes I think it must take an asshole to progress in some industries or business’s. As it often seems the top positions in these organizations are Assholes.

2 Likes

…psychopaths actually.

2 Likes

Mostly Narcissists as well combined with control freaks.

1 Like

Don’t make me dig into my 2020 dealings with ssaawa during our gunshop shutdowns and license cancellations

I’ll get kicked out of something

They are all Bill Campbells…