The Pool Room "Its going straight to the Pool Room"

Gotta get down and chase some of those Tassie trout!!
:beers: :+1:

I’ve had my dalience with lures and baits. It’s back to the fly for me from now on!

5 Likes

Nice it looks like such a choreographed dance watching fly fisherman when they are in tune.

Yeah… that’s not what it’s like watching me! :rofl:

2 Likes

Something random, I have a bit of a case collection going, that lives in a tub. Every calibre I’ve ever shot makes it into the tub. I am missing two cases, but I am working on it. Anyway, a while back I found a small rack shelf thingy on hard rubbish day, so I thought hrmmm maybe it will look alright in the garage (AKA my pool room cave)…

Now to label them and I am thinking double sided tape or some sort of 3D printed mount that slots into each other. Anyway, here it is mocked up.

no, it’s not a 12ga shorty; yes, it is a cut shell, hanging around @bentaz too much

3 Likes

I like it, thats a nice idea

Well, I managed to add a few more missing cases, thanks to a few of you here (and some new ones)…

…nowwww, this specific one unfortunately I did not shoot, but I did get my hands on it, so maybe I will have ‘the ambitions’ section.

After about an hour in the tumbler:

I’ll do some side by side soon, when I get around to it.

5 Likes

Pretty slick!

The Darwin Military Museum up here has several 20mm Oerlikon/Hispano cannons. Around Darwin there are a few places where you can see the results of 20mm firepower from the Japanese in 1942. Not the same cartridge of course, but have a look at the hole in the Aviation Museum in Parap where my kids go to school. It used to be the aircraft hanger before it became a car club. The road that all the parents drive down to pick up and drop off their kids is the old runway and was an absolute target for the Japanese. In fact, I bet some back yards and the footy field are hiding a few secrets.

2 Likes

Hrmm that hole looks a bit too big to be caused by 20mm. I think it may be from the unmatched power of a single stray 45ACP round.

unmatched power of a single stray 45ACP round

Clearly the real reason they won two world wars.

I once found a 20mm projectile on railway tracks in suburban Melbourne a long time ago. I had a trench art/ deactivated 20mm case with a projectile so I knew what they looked like. Waiting for a train to school I saw it just sitting between the tracks half buried, how it ended up there god knows.
Picked it up on the way home.

1 Like

If only the RAAF planes had Service Match 38 loads.

Yeah, bit of a difference there.

From left to right:

• 9mm
  • 45ACP
  • 357MAG
  • 308Win
  • Sagnut06
  • 50BMG
  • 20mm
1 Like