The big fat Afghanistan pullout thread.

Interesting to see Trump slamming Biden on the withdrawal. He didnt mention he first planned to have done it by the end of 2020 but then revised that at a meeting with the Taliban in February moving the date to April 2021 then May.

1 Like

If we didn’t go there 20 yrs ago, they never would of become our problem. No Afgans ever did anything to us, they were the good guys in the fight against Victoria and Western Australia, sorry I mean Communism.
We should of been fraging Indo’s if we wanted to battle Islamic extremism, they’re the only ones around here that bomb australians, but instead we just give them money and train them.
Before we started fucking with Afgan and the middle east they were happily just killing each other.
Genghis Khan, Alexandra the Great, the Roman Empire, the USSR and now “The West” and all our might beaten by goat headers with the help of a book they can’t read and an angry imaginary friend!
And it definately has nothing to do with this

That’s for sure!

3 Likes

Don’t be silly, no-one’s interested in gas, oil, or any other minerals. It’s all about the humanitarian issues, that’s why we’ve also invaded Nth Korea to help, it’s all about the peoples.

1 Like

Don’t forget the poppy fields, all those pretty flowers and of course you can use the seeds on top of bread!!

1 Like

Shame on you, US government branches would never profit from such things, just like they didn’t in Vietnam either. Nor did they profit from importing Coke to their own population while backing the Contras.

Actually come to think of it maybe all these poor countries aren’t pure evil after all, maybe we’re standing behind the real grubs, and the stripes on their flag really just represent big lines of powder racked up & waiting for a hungry nostril.

I really doubt that Trump, Hillary, Obama or Bush would have screwed up the withdrawal this badly. I think you do too.

1 Like

No, @JizzFlinger. I know what I said and I believe it 100%. Trump, Biden or Mother Teresa - the moment the last ISF soldier left (and that moment had to come sooner or later), all the new kit would have been sold or traded for cash, rice, fuel, a new TV, a pair of jeans or whatever. And Taliban command would comedown from the mountains. This outcome would have happened regardless.

Nah. 20 years later the taliban have learned optics. Even now they are in control but letting people leave. They know they are the rightful and leading power in the area.

A deal from the west legitimising their ascension only would have made for a much smoother exit. Wether the west admits it or not, the Taliban have oulasted and out played the rest of the world and are now the legitimate leaders of Afghanistan again.

“America has the watches, but we have the time”

-Taliban

So this is different to what I said, how?

Seems “American” is now a gender!

“For those who self identify as Americans”
Fuck me, the US if a fucking joke being run by cartoon characters!

1 Like

It’s not looking great over there at the moment, rumour has it they’re hanging people from a blackhawk - offering big bucks to anyone who can fly, including from neighbouring Pakistan who trained with the Us

Also apparently lots of service dogs that have been left behind with terrible consequences… to say the least

All unconfirmed and these pictures are publicly available

Probably not a bad thing if they get the Blackhawks up in the air, those things are so prone to crashing they’ll probably kill more Taliban than the US troops did in the whole war :rofl:

Poor farken dogs though…if the story’s true that’s a low act to leave them behind, either take them home or at the very least man up and put them down humanely.

1 Like

Where did you hear that they’re prone to crashing? They’re pretty hardy aircraft as far as I know. Just curious, was never lucky enough to hop in one for a flight

www.tiktok.com/@jamiemcdonald9160/video/6975592574740434182

I blackhawked around a bit in my time, I think they’re pretty safe, we lost a Seahawk a while back, but that was a landing fuck up on a moving ship deck. I know of only one Australian Blackhawk crash, not that I’m an expert in these things.
I can’t imagine the Taliban has many pilots and be fucked if I’d fly with one, lol.

Also, that’s probably Biden’s most coherent speach yet!

Talking to a couple of Yank pilots at a military arms expo we had gear at, some of our stuff was big & designed to be air dropped in by things like C130, C17 or Chinook so choppers became a bit of a conversation for a while, they were saying that Blackhawks drop out of the sky at a higher ratio then anything else and were the result of a lot of training injuries even deaths due to regular crashes.
Considering where we were & why they were there i had no reason not to believe them. But hey who knows? They were yanks after all lol

2 Likes

Absolutely zero wrong with Blackhawks, very crashworthy aircraft if you’re unlucky enough to be in one when it goes down. Very capable battlefield helicopter also. Oh and Australia have crashed a few.