Survival firearms

Am i crazy? :joy: you guys make me unsure

Don’t have an epirb or the few hundred $$ to buy one at the moment.

Na you’ll be right mate

1 Like

Don’t rely on seeing deer, they’re hard to find.

Have to dodge them on the roads around here, almost as common as your house hold dog the hours i drive

They’re like that around here at night…but you can’t shoot them.

@AusTac if you are concerned about being stuck in the middle of nowhere on your own needing help try this lot or someone similar,

http://www.epirbhire.com.au

A light, break open combo gun would be a reasonable choice.

1 Like

I’m quite aware deer hunting ends half an hour after sunset on legal crown land.

You’re welcome to borrow my radio.

You’re welcome to borrow my savage combo gun, 20ga / .22lr

My preference would be 308 of whatever action you like, next would be 12g. Both extremely versatile with available loading

Re: 308 - I think the heavy part comes form run of the mill, heavy barrel guns. For example, my X-Bolt Composite Stalker is very lite. Tikka lite - is, well, lite. there are a few brands… Neither are cheap, but they do come in lite. It just won’t be the Howas and the .

Just take what u have that is very light weight.

@AusTac NO WAY, NOTHING YOU HAVE NOW WILL DO!!!
You need, and I mean NEED TO go out now and buy another gun, preferably a M30 Luftwaffe survival shotgun.

1 Like

For a moment there i though yeah yeah normal 12g, then i looked it up and found it has a rifle barrel :heart_eyes:although its some wierd bootleg german calibre, would be like good in say a 308 or 375 h&h or something, kinda wish i chopped the mossberg now, theres only one way i can fit it in jeep with all the other camping shit

I personally like the idea of a 410/22lr combo. You can load slugs and buckshot for dogs or such if needed and the 22lr for bunnies for the pot. On the plus side for a survival gun, everything would be lighter to carry: both the gun and the ammo, than say, a 12g/223 or 308 combo.

It’s a great idea but wouldn’t be legal in vic forests i’m afraid, bit grey with recognized deer habitat with anything less than 12g slugs or a .270 unless you have a permit for crown land

Dammit… bugger!

1 Like

Would be a great combo for the farm i reckon