Springfield Armory dropping HiPower?

Maybe, however according to that article NOIA is importing them too, so hopefully there’s a bit of competition… But like you said, it will be one of those cool little surprises.

There’s something about the fact that it’s all steel that makes it so pretty. They just have it edge wise over polymer pistols for me.

There’s definitely a certain charm in a steel frame gun… And what I found is that most of them are quite slim and elegant if you will. Other than (maybe) an after market sight replacement there’s not much else you can add to them. Polymer (striker fired) pistols are (best way I can explain it is) more square and wider, which makes them look absolutely badass with a red dot. I think steel guns look horrible with a red dot. And after you shoot something shit with a red dot and go, hold the fuck up here this just moved it from shit to awesome, your “have the edge” might shift a little.

Seriously though, @Tempestman I think you need to join us. We’ve established that you’re a nutter, now we just need to develop that quality :smiley:

True! The only thing better than being a nutter is being a nutter with taste. :grin:

For me polymer guns are just modern day workhorses and they haven’t made a proper sexy one yet but i also think there are plenty of pig ugly steel guns about, i think that there are a couple of classic designs of pistol out there that are just damn purdy as well being as great at their job like the 1911, it’s 9mm nephew the Hi Power, CZ 75, and the Walther PPK.

2 Likes

What I want to know is where all these affordable Browning Hi-Power clones were back when Browning were still making the gun themselves and charging ridiculous money for it.

Apparently this specific ones are either made in Turkey or parts are made in Turkey, but I must have. I’m not 100% on origins yet.

@Martini their sketches were sitting on the back shelves of the drawing rooms while companies chose to commit sacrilege by making 1911s in 9mm.
These new SA35s should be a good thing having a few of the original designs negatives being sorted. And look on the bright side, they’re sooo cheap now you can’t afford not to buy one. 1300 bucks for a steel gun that looks great and should by all accounts be a good shooter is almost insulting in these times, especially here in Oz where their big downfall of only holding 10 rounds is completely irrelevant.

@juststarting Their being Turkey made makes a lot of sense considering their price point.

1 Like

Springfield say on their website the guns are made in the USA, although whether that’s “everything made in the US” or “49% of the gun is made in Turkey, shipped to the US, and then assembled along with 51% US-made parts” is still unknown at the moment.

I mean, the original Brownings were “Made in Belgium” - and then shipped to Portugal for assembly, because for some bizarre reason it was cheaper to literally ship the guns across Europe to put them together than it was to pay someone in Belgium to do it, apparently.

I don’t mind where it’s made, I mind not having it yet.

Received

More in Handgun section.

1 Like