Some Bunny Busting Pics

I love plinking and I’m lucky enough to have access to a properties within a few minutes of home with plenty of bunnys, I’ve shot em with all sorts of guns from air rifles, lever action .357’s, 22’s and shotguns.
Here’s pics of a few.

DSC_0157-640x36014387608793740
Whats your favourite bunny gun?

Mate you are really lucky to have some rabbits around. The virus cleans them out around my area everytime one or two pop up. I think there may be a few that get around at night though.

Yep, scarce around my way at the moment too.

Still lots out my way.

Ducked out for a bit this morning and popped a couple.

Went for a quick stroll this evening.
Saw at least a hundred rabbits, nailed a few.

1 Like

How’s the bunny situation where you guys are?
Theres bloody thousands of them around here.

1 Like

Heaps of the buggers but they’re all on land where no body does anything or wants anything done may be the right term :roll_eyes: i get on a property or 2 every few months with my air rifle and thats about it

Heaps here, they make regular appearances on my front “grass” (couldn’t possibly call it a lawn) and occasionally run the gauntlet across the back yard when the dogs are asleep or otherwise distracted.

Nek minute

I went for a stroll with the 16ga this arvo, only had a handful of no.6’s with me so I passed up a few longer shots, but I managed 1 bunny and 1 hare. Pretty happy with that :grin:

2 Likes

Is there an easy way to get all the pellets out before you cook, or just spit them out whilst eating?

Nope no easy way to get them hence why I like less quantity and larger pellets, lol.
One good trick is to sit on a Warren and wait, usually a bunny will stick his head out and look around a bit before they come all the way out. I like shooting them then as you can put pellets in their head but the body is protected by the ground, you do lose a few back down the hole though but there is no shortage of them around here so I don’t mind.

Crap loads of bunnies around here this year… I should go out and try to bag a couple.

A few bunnies from earlier in the year

3 Likes

The numbers have really dropped due to the virus, these where taken last year and I havent seen a rabbit on the property for months

1 Like

They have definitely been hit hard.
Where we used to go out and get 80 or 100 per night we are lucky to get 20.

It shits me theres a property near me that grows olives and is crawling with rabbits the only problem is there Greenies and wont let anyone shoot them.

3 Likes

Got to love them.
All protective of a pest species and at the same time piss off all of the surrounding property owners who are trying hard to get rid of them.

1 Like

Growing one invasive species and protecting another…Sounds like they are real conservation minded folks…

2 Likes

Good haul mate, I love my bunny shooting.