Skinner sights for Browning BL-22 lever action

Lucky 20/20! Mine is pretty good for 51yo they tell me. I would get the .040 aperture also, just the same. Thanks!

Was the front sight an easy change? Dovetail affair im assuming? Good to hear from you ol mateā€¦hope the 3D printer is keeping you entertained

Itā€™s dovetailedā€¦ But it was pretty tight.

Yeah, Iā€™m running out of printing ideas for printing :confused:

1 Like

Yeah, nah. As much as I dislike Marlin lever guns, (centrefires), the 39a is the best shooting .22 lever gun by farā€¦

Horses for courses, @danmac. But nice try, you still suck at fishing :slight_smile: I got them allā€¦ They all have pros and cons. The super short lever throw on BL-22 is what I like. The 39a is a bit longer than it has to be, gets front heavy after a while. 39m is just heavy in general, but compact, 9422 is nice though. Look charm and feel, Iā€™d go Winchester or Marlin. A combination of weight, size and short lever throw for just fun easy plinking without feeling like you are carrying a dumbbell after a while - BL-22 any day.

1 Like

Yeah short lever throwā€¦does it for meā€¦and i hate all things Marlin

In competition shooting the 39a has it over the rest. Target weight barrel, trigger that can be made ever so nice. Also for me, its a full sized rifle, doesnā€™t feel like a kids gun like the 9422. I hate it but thatā€™s just how it is. The Browning might have a short throw but the triggers are crap and canā€™t be made less crappy.
My centrefires are all Winchesters.

Yeah, unfortunately I do agree on this one. And that goes for most Brownings.

And the 39a is so easy to break down into two ā€œbig bitsā€. Ideal for cleaning, and for more convenient packing when traveling.