Shooters Union now officially established in South Australia!

We have some very exciting news to share and you heard it here first!

We are delighted to announce we have an official presence in South Australia now, with Peter Heggie – proprietor of The Gunnery firearms dealership and shooting range in Adelaide – coming on board as our official South Australian representative.

Peter is passionate about standing up for shooters and making sure they are properly represented and looked after – both as individuals and when coming to The Gunnery.

“We actually care about shooters, we care about it and we want to make sure as shooters as a whole are looked after – and currently they’re not, but that is changing now,” he said.

“I want to achieve fairness for shooters, and to give South Australian shooters an alternative that is transparent and not working behind closed doors.”

His first order of business is to increase the number of SU members in South Australia, giving shooters a louder voice in the state – and encouraging more people to see the benefits and enjoyment shooting offers.

“We’re very proactive with new shooters – want to help them get into shooting,” he said.

“I can’t wait to get started and help make Shooters Union an even stronger positive force for shooters in South Australia.”

Shooters Union Australia president Graham Park welcomed Peter to the organisation, saying he was an ideal person to represent Australia’s leading pro-shooting organisation in the Festival State.

“Peter is passionate, dedicated, knowledgeable and has been part of the South Australian shooting community for many years,” he said.

“He believes in a fair go for shooters and making sure their voices are heard.

“We are delighted to have him on board with us and are very excited about some of things in the pipeline.”

Shooters Union Australia now has local representatives ‘on the ground’ in Queensland, New South Wales, Tasmania and South Australia.

Shooters Union South Australia can be reached by e-mail at: [email protected]

5 Likes

Do you approach prospective people or do you wait for them to approach you?

Both. Part of the thing is we need dedicated, committed people and those sorts of folks are more likely to reach out to us and ask how they can be actively involved, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, I will send you a PM shortly.

1 Like