Scout scope martini cadet build

Anyone have experience with long eye relief scout scopes on their rifles? Good, bad or otherwise? I’ve seen a martini cadet fitted with one, and I’m considering one for my .357 magnum cadet build. Main reasons, for easy access loading, and I wont have to upgrade the buttstock, with a higher comb one.
TIA

A mate of mine built one in 300blk a few years ago and mounted a red dot on it, it was no worries hitting targets at 100m, maybe you could look at them too mate.
What do you plan on shooting with it?

1 Like

A bit of both target, and vermin mate. I may have to look at a conventional scope mount and new timbers. I really would like the easy access loading though. Or maybe peep sights???

1 Like

Shot this little beauty today with the original .357 willcox rebore conversion sights…they terrible…but it’s a great fun gun!! Absolutely love it!! Might go with an original windage adjustable .310 sight, and thicker front sight blade, that my eyes can see!

1 Like

Change of plans…im going to go with a conventional scope mounting, when i can make my own high comb buttstock for it, that is. I feel the need to punch some big holes in some foxes! Should see healthy velocity coming out of the 25 inch cadet barrel. Best drag the chronograph out!

2 Likes