Savage 340e problem after new stock

Na heaps better. Everyone knows rimmed cartridges are the future!

30-30 with spires would actually be a good round. …Or you could try a 308. :laughing:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Announcement-Retirement

Hmmm liking rimmed, that explains a lot of things :rofl: :shitstir:

1 Like

308 will never catch on. The dirty thirty has probably accounted for more meals than the 308 could ever dream of!

2 Likes

I haven’t seen one for sale in 30-30 for a long time. Theyve come a long way in 30-30 projectile development these days. My hornet would be lucky to produce 2"groups @ 100m in the early days of me having it but after removing the barrel band and fully floating she consistently produces under and inch with handloads.

1 Like

@JMC_Def if you remove the barrel band is the barrel and action now just held in with the one screw?

There was one on Abused guns a few months ago in 30-30 must have been pricey or I would have bought it or stuck the link up.

2 Likes

That is very true @GUN-DMC, I came up with a solution and tig welded a threaded lug on the tang, created a small recess in the stock for the new addition then, I could true the action in the stock and bed conventionally. Now with the rear of the action and the recoil lug securely fastened you can safely omit the barrel band. It has lasted many years and significantly improved accuracy with no noticeable change to appearance. I went down this road as I had a crack in the barrel band and could not find a replacement part at the time. If you have anymore questions I’d be more than happy to answer. Cheers mate.

2 Likes

I’d love one in 30 30 also, for some cast bullet fun. Love the minimalist features of the 340. There is a guy on YouTube, shooting cast bullets well under an inch at 100m with one in 30 30

1 Like