Reloading set up's

I used to reload shotgun shells back in the late 90’s, but only really started reloading a few years ago. I started out doing most of it in the lounge and dining rooms.

Luckily I had some competent help. I had the press G-clamped to my wifes desk and used to carry everything backwards a fowards which was annoying so I built myself a good solid bench
DSC_0198-640x360
and bolted my press down finely somewhere I didn’t have to pack it away all the time, the bench was in my extension which the wife wanted me to finish building and stop using for a shed, its now finally a bedroom. this left me with nowhere to put the reloading bench as I don’t really have a garage (I do but it has no power, no door on it, a dirt floor and it floods most years so its no good for a reloading room.
so I looked around a bit and found this
Its the fridge unit off of a truck, it had been used for a mobile dog wash, its been wired up with power points lights and an aircon / heater unit, it cost me $500 and I got it delivered for a box of beers.

To start with it seemed massive but slowly (or maybe not so slowly) I’ve filled it up.

I have now built another bench and a lean-to for casting slugs off one side.

Its great, I can lock it up, its a great place to hide away, for what its cost me I reckon I couldn’t do much better?

I know some of you guys have some great set ups too, so come on show us!

3 Likes

Ive boxed up the floor in the casting area now and levelled it out with a load of blue metal but I don’y have a pic of it, although I do like to remember it like that, ie tiddy lol
!

1 Like

@6V53T here you go mate!

:+1:, theres nothing wrong with that mate its good, at least you know where everything is
. You could probably set up a hammock in there and have a home away from home,:rofl:

1 Like

Funny, that’s what his wife said.

1 Like

Corner of the mancave for reloading and fiddly close up work. Also works well as a bar

4 Likes

Nearly finished, just need to move some of the stuff under the bench around. Oh and get the power sorted lol.

Geez man you’re almost out of space.

Yep, I might have to commandeer some space back from the wife.

2 Likes

Man, how much ammo do you burn?
BTW dont forget to mount the extinguisher on the wall. About bench height is the go. :laughing:

Not nearly as much as I would like to. I try to get to the range atleast 3 times in the week that I am home and if I’m not at the range then I am out turning ferals into memories

Another bump dudes… Show us your reloading caves :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that is a sweet looking setup but I think you need to change your calendar lol

Did a few reloading bench upgrades, I mean @Supaduke ruined it for everyone with his stupid, oh, this is just a shed I knocked up, but whatever…

3m of awesomeness. Added shelfs, strong mount, better lights… I have storage on the opposite side for dies, parts, etc. So always try to keep the bench at a minimum clutter.

Need to think of a better power outlet options, raise the RCBS press in the corner a little and I am done…

In case anyone is wondering, those 4 die sets near the wall… That’s what it takes to make one complete set for Nagant reloading dies! More experiments to come, so they are hanging around.

2 Likes

Looking good J.S, why the hell is your bullet feeder being held on with a clamp?

There’s a bolt that sits between both feeders. Clamp sets the angle and locks everything in place. I made a mount, but after I moved things around, this seemed like a good option. I am going to load a little bit this week, will see how it goes. Initial thoughts - very good fit.

This is where I’m up to with my reloading room.

5 Likes

@Gregfiddich, Stop right now!
Okay, bit of advice from personal experience…, double the size NOW! That is waaay too small! :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I know :worried:

Technically by doing this my reloading space went from a 12x9m space to 3x3m. Less dust and grinder sparks but :+1: