Recommend me a good 22LR lever

Considering a lever action .22 purely for plinking. Ideally one that is side eject, and optic ready. I like the Henry Golden boy, or Browning BL22 so far, but not sure if either are optic ready…Its all your fault @juststarting, I really enjoyed your CZ515, but I’m a like a little more traditional!
Thinking…

BL-22 has that typical dovetail cuts on top for rings, so optics ready. Henry, based on my pump action - same deal, @Supaduke can confirm about Henry lever action being optics ready, but I am 99.98% certain they both are. I have Skinner aperture sight on BL-22.

There are a few threads going on here… Just search for BL-22 and you will find all passive aggressive debates between @Supaduke and I about which one is better.

1 Like

The Browning wins on materials quality. At least in that it has a steel reciever. It is also somewhat more expensive.
The Henry is an excellent rifle. It is optics ready. It has very nice timber, cycles beautifully and as accurate as a lever .22 gets. Feeds everything.
If you want value for money, Henry is an easy choice. If you want a slightly fancier gun and are prepared to pay, get the Browning, or save a few dollars and get the Miroku version, same gun, same factory, different stamp, cheaper.

1 Like

Thanks @Supaduke! If I go for one, it will be the Henry… the octagonal barrel wins me over.

Why not a 22 pump instead of a lever?

1 Like

Got a pump already…but I think I need to fill a shotgun void first. I can feel a Mossberg bolt 12g coming on…there’s a few about…

I know a guy with a sportco mod 81 he would part with

1 Like