RCBS lube press

I’m selling my RCBS Lam 2, cast bullet lube press. It has a custom handle, set up for air pressure on lube resivior, and has a 12v lube pad, with AC transformer. Also comes with the original pressure screw, and piston, if i can find it. I will Upload pictures tonight, if there’s some interest.
Offers…

Hey, why lube when I can powder coat? Serious noob question.

I guess that some might find it easier to lube and less time consuming then powder coating.
I coat mine with HiTek coatings but will be lubing my 577/450 when I start loading for it as it is black powder.

2 Likes

Good question, I know nothing about PC, and I don’t care to. I’m traditional bullet caster…The lube press sizes and lubes in one stroke of the handle.

1 Like

The tl;dr powder coat to bullet lube is what cars are to horse and carriage. Unless it’s black powder than you’d still need lube, but this time to reduce fouling, instead of contributing to the lubricity of the bullet. Velocity also plays a big role…

1 Like

Here it is!!

Okay, what sizing dies does it take, as in, do you have a pic of one?
I run a Lyman, are the dies the same?

1 Like

Yes they are interchangeable…I think I have a .357 die to go with it, and a heap of different RCBS nose punches. I will confirm on the die tonight if you like.

Okay, thanks.

Got 7 top punches, and a Lyman? .358 die with it.
Cheers

Are those punches stuck in a time warp?

2 Likes

Careful they might disrupt the space time continuum

Yeah it was a hurried shot. I’m happy to provide more, if @danmac likes.

Pffft I don’t care what he likes, I just like pictures, because reading is hard.

2 Likes

Mate any chance you could let me know if you have a sizing die and top punch for the cadet bullets I am moulding please if you were willing to split them off if the purchaser of the press didn’t want them please mate.
Top punch in #543 and the sizing die is .323 or close to that if that helps mate.
Can you also confirm that you have used Lyman dies and punches in your RCBS Lubrisizer please mate.

Sorry mate, I dont have either. But you will find no matter what punch you use, bullet nose damage will result. I honestly believe, they are bullet benders/distorters, that’s why I don’t want the machine, and it appears no one else wants it either. You will soon workout the most accurate cast bullet is one that is almost untouched from the mold, to the case neck, other than careful lubrication, and GC fitting. If you have to size, I believe Lee push through dies are a better option. The …358 die is Lyman…

Mate I have just done some additional research and the advice I have received is that the Bullet doesn’t need sizing and lubing via the lubrisizer. Perhaps there is a reason that particular sizing die and top punch are not available anymore. Thanks mate, I am a believer however my old man is taking some convincing. :joy:

1 Like

Tumble lube with CBE 45 45 10 lube…best way to go for the 310.

1 Like

Lube press SOLD!!

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Random donation (lubing @MaxJon)