Pulsar Krypton FXG & XG - Anyone tried one?

So for a long while now i’ve been pondering over a Pulsar thermal but haven’t pulled the trigger as they didn’t quite tick all the boxes for me, and IMO at about 7k for a scope they should.
But i’ve just come across these Pulsar Kryptons https://www.pulsar-nv.com/glo/products/33/thermal-imaging-attachments/krypton/ that just clip on to any & all of your existing scopes in without any zeroing required. So for that 7k you now get a thermal on all of your rifles and can switch from normal to thermal in a matter of seconds… Hmmm i’m really liking this thing i think.
Just wondering if anyone had tried one or had any info?

bump

Been wondering the same thing.

For any entrepreneurs out there I used to work for a company that was owned by the Tech Rentals group which like the name suggests rented out pieces of technology to the industry that were too expensive for the average contractor to stump up for , for perhaps just one job. They even had a rent try buy option which was very popular for tax reasons as you rented the item for 13 months and it was then yours. The rental scheme allowed you to try out different tech and see if it improved your job or if there was a market for what you had planned. It also allowed for every rental payment to be claimed on your tax return.

Thermal cameras when they first came out were a big take-up item. These were being used in the Electrical field to inspect electrical switch boards for hot spots. hot spots indicating a potential fault is going to occur or an overload situation is occurring. The customers loved the service of a preventative maintenance which was long overdue and normally back then was long overdue and only done when little problems were happening. It was a goldmine for the companies offering the service as they would have hard evidence to show the customer that they needed to A,B,C to prevent a fire or a power outage due to component overload and eventual failure in a spectacular fashion. Sorry for the long winded post but I am trying to sell someone the idea that I think there is a market to rent Thermal scopes the ultimate try before you buy and or a payment plan option towards ownership.

1 Like

That would be great. Thermal is one of those things I think most of us would love to try, but the price tag makes them a big commitment.

After waiting, and pondering, and hearing mixed reports from people re the Kryptons I’m thinking these Duo DXPs are the go & the best of both worlds, apparently there should be more stock arriving in about a month or so and i’m keen to see one in the flesh. I’ve spoken with a couple of blokes who are using the DXP 50 model and they’re both very happy with them.

1 Like

What range of magnification scopes do they work with?
Would they work with a 5-25 *56 scope? Set on 5 or 6

They’re a full scope not a clip-on, but they can also switch over to hi res day vision as well as thermal, or run a screen in screen format of both day & thermal at the same time.

I was told that apparently Viper Nitehog 50 is a very good clip-on that has no effect on your zero regardless of magnification and is a pretty good price compared to the pulsar Krypton.

1 Like