Pig hunting in northern NSW

Do I mix that barley up at home and let it brew or do it in the field

What? Its not fish oil? I JUST DRANK A LITRE. I HAVE ARTHRITIS!

Yeah nah look its mostly kero.

Personally I would think in the field would be just fine, temp you been getting should get the reaction going pretty quick, could probably toss in a little bit of sugar to really get the yeast active.

One thing I can assure you is Iā€™m not planning on trying @JSS 's or @danmac 's errrr version of craft beer lolā€¦

1 Like

Doesnā€™t really matter mate, we used to just carry it dry to the traps then pour a beer or two in each tub, but thatā€™s just so we didnā€™t have a wet mix of slop to spill everywhere on the way as there was always a chance some donuts & handbrakies may be required along the wayā€¦hey we were kids :wink:

@darwindingo Itā€™s like the coco pops version of beerā€¦Just like a tasty brewskie only crunchy.

2 Likes

What magnification would you guys recommend for a .308 sitting over a water hole?
I have a red dot, a 1-4x30 or a 3-9x40 that i can use. What do you guys recommend?

3-9 is pretty versatile on any hunting rifle

1 Like

Yep, 3-9 x 40 would be my choice of the two.

1 Like

Sounds like the the 3-9 is the go then. Thanks guys.

2 Likes

I checked out a R-license hunting forest near me yesterday, Iā€™m still not really fit n strong enough to carry a carcass out of the scrub, but i figure it canā€™t hurt to start scouting.
Anyway I found a fair bit of pig sign and the cutest, tiniest little trotter prints Iā€™ve ever seen.
Sows print to the left and tiny piglet prints to the right of my hand.

5 Likes