NIOA price hike revised

Just got home from the LGS after having sn interesting convo with the boys. They said they’ve received an email from NIOA today to that said they won’t be enacting the newest price increase of 17% instead they will be likely to run at 10% For now which is always welcome. On a side note the boss was pretty happy With a call he received from Tim Quilty of the liberal Democrats as he was ringing all the gun shops in the state to try and offer support, and to ask how much they are being affected by the close downs. Which is fucking awesome that at least one party is being proactive and wants to help.

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s the pessimism talking, because everything is shit, but… As much as I like Liberal Democrats, I think you’ll find that they are ‘ambulance chasing’ to get some votes down the line. Funnily enough, when most shooters read a little more about Libertarianism, they immediately shit themselves and those dudes lose votes. That party is literally everything that the average Australian is terrified of (i.e. no reliance on the government, by an individual). Good luck to them, they always have my vote first (but regardless of my beliefs I’m a single issue voter anyway), however I wouldn’t take this as anything positive, rather capitalising on an opportunity.

1 Like

P.s. 10% still hurts, thankfully I got in early. Doubt I’ll need to go to a store for the next 24 months. Unless I am buying a gun of course, which happens a lot lol so I probably will be going to a store.

2 Likes

I feel your pain mate, only problem is if I buy another rifle I need a bigger safe to go with it. Will be a costly exercise me thinks.:beers:
Expected a price increase, 10 not as bad as the 17 quoted so whilst not ideal, not as bad as we first thought.

1 Like

10% is not noticeable with firearms in Australia, methinks. Component and bulk ammo would definitely sting. New firearms however, in orders of magnitude, I don’t think it will register tbh. I won’t be happy though, I’m waiting (hopefully, happy to pick any religion if that helps) for Ruger Charger :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to run a book on that statement, reckon I would make a killing lol

1 Like

The real problem with ammo and components won’t be seen for a little while yet at least while Australia has some supply. I’ve forecasted to be in a pretty good shape on the ammo front myself too possible 12 months (If I don’t buy anymore guns that is) I’m totally in Agreement with your comments on the liberal dems and The average Aussie shitting the gear when they look into what libertarianism is all about, how are you supposed to fight reliance on govt when it’s the basic foundation of what is expected by most of the populace

Things are only worth what someone is prepared to pay. At the end of this debacle if unemployment is at 10% and the rest of us are tight as, i don’t see a 10% rise as feasible.
Might be tough to get 22lr though. at least until the yanks have 5 cases each in the basement.
i wonder if winchester just mothballed their production here in oz rather than scraping it?

2 Likes