New Sulun Lever Release

So anyone else picked one up?

I was going to as soon as my nsw license was approved, but the money will be going to pistols now i think

1 Like

PTA has now come through, still tossing up between Tacsoras, Templeton T2000 or PB12. I’m not finding the choice particularly easy, although the above posts and pictures do help…

I’ve shot em all, Taco sauce by a long margin.

Yesterday I went down to the LGS with PTA in pocket and checked out the Sulun, Buckmaster and Templeton.

Templeton was well built and had a very smooth action but for me, the button was too much of a reach with my thumb -it felt like a conscious effort to move my hand slightly out of natural position each time.

PB12 - yes it looks like less effort went into its construction. Lightest trigger of the three however the button location forced my left hand into a forend holding position which didnt feel right. Which leaves the Sulun.

Yes, the lever is in a good location and yes, it is light and smooth. Lighter than the trigger in fact, which is on the heavier side. It looked well built and they had the barrel length I wanted. I actually wanted a conservative looking timber stocked shotgun, hence me trying to like the Templeton and Buckmaster (my tacticool days are behind me), however ended up walking out with the 18" Sulun and a case of Eley Alphamax #4 break-in shells.

After getting home and putting a hundred shells through it without a single ftf, I’m happy. Started with the Eley No. 4’s and tried a few tubes of 1290 fps No. 7 game - no issues with these either. Will try some lighter target rounds tomorrow to see how they go. [ Edit - just put 2 tubes of 1200 fps 12 28g whitebox through it, cycled perfectly. This was after a good clean and removing fragments of some kind of factory wax preservative which may or may not have helped]. Agree with an earlier poster - that its not as fast as the PB12 (I cant replicate Ozzy’s rate of fire as per his video) but thats not the main criteria is it…

It didnt come with any operating instructions or disassembly manual, however a quick download of the very well written and illustrated Benelli M4 manual and all was good. Exactly the same steps as the Benelli for full strip down. Really impressed with the internal machining of the components and so easy to field strip with no tools.

7 Likes

Put a reflex on mine, gels well, very pointable.

Looks sexy af imho.

1 Like

Very sexy

Easy to ghost load also (5+1+1

I have now gone fully regarded and added a light.
Olight Odin Mini

Includes mounting hardware and pressure switch. Seems like a nice rig. Very happy how it all turned out.
Sulun really have nailed it for the Australian market, get yourself one of these Tac - 12’s

Light has a quick detach and a nifty magnetic charger.

5 Likes

How’s the shadowing? Pic of you pointing it at a McGowan calendar?

It sits slightly high of the barrel, shadowing is there but the overall light cone is very useable

3 Likes

Damn you ahole. Now i want one.

I had a torch on my 1887.

So looks like it is now banned in NSW or Cat D to be exact…

@ShootersUnion

Although, I wonder, amount of stock out there, interesting what happens.

Interesting, perhaps too many youtubers showing how fast you can mag dump them :thinking:.
We’re a simple bunch of twits aren’t we, same thing happened with the Wedgetail pistols, folks just couldn’t keep their mouths shut.
Considering i’ve never shot either of my last two shotguns that date back over five years now i’ve decided to wait for my collectors to come through & order a Benelli M4 as part of my collection. I’ve always wanted one and I can not shoot it just as much as my others and it will be much cooler in the safe.

3 Likes

We know about it but until we get something properly in writing from a reputable source, there’s a limit to what we can do.

From what I gather it was someone in NSW having a gunsmith convert one to semi-auto.

1 Like

Oh damn…yep that’ll do it lol.

1 Like

Bit surprised to see this actually only because I have just seen the add for a heap of other models that have been released all based on the same action with other barrel lengths ect for other specializations. ie Ducksoruas

2 Likes

And now it has been allowed under a different name with a slightly different fixed stock.

Gold.

1 Like