My absolute peeve about Australian gun shops

I’m not sure I agree, @1Fatman. We can’t buy ammo or primers or powder over the internet (I mean you can, but dangerous good shipping makes it unviable) so you have to go to a gun shop to get those; ditto picking up guns sent from elsewhere.

Gun shops need to do a better job of inventory management IMO. Some of them I’ve been to are just full of stuff that hardly anyone is likely to want (who is buying premium big game hunting ammo at $100/box from a suburban gun shop? Almost no-one, that’s who) and sorting that out would offset the costs of being open at times when their customers want to buy stuff (ie the weekend).

Well I guess that’s the joy’s of living in the city. Where i am we have 2.5 gun shops (1 only sells ammo). I have been going to my gun shop for more years than most on here have had a driver’s licence for. Now don’t get me wrong I don’t spend $1000 per week but if I need powder, primers etc and can’t get there through the week they will drop them off at home on their way home, either during the week or on Saturday afternoon when they close.

Well this is not an issue over here as you need to have brought and paid for your firearm before you apply to have it added to your licence. Once you have been approved then it can be posted or couriered to you.

Now in saying the above, I am quilty of buying stuff online, mainly projectiles as it is cheaper due to freight costs.

The Darwin LGS is open 7 days. I often go in Sunday, but never Monday. Good point SupaDuke.

1 Like

Funnily enough it’s really easy to buy live fish from all over the country and have them mailed to your door.

1 Like

Until our GS utopia’s are all met, us gun junkies will just have to find a way…
Ring,ring, “Hey boss I’m running low on reloading supplies, ill be in a little late” etc… Boss " I couldn’t care less, be here on time or else"… Ok then u kent, Im off to get a covid test after I go to get what I need from the GS… Seeya when I get the all clear… :wink:

2 Likes

Savage.

Where this is a will there is a way mate.:+1:t2::+1:t2::beer: