Moving from VIC to QLD

If I was to move from VIC to QLD with a large collection of Cat A/B firearms, what would be the process of getting my licence and registering them all up there?
I’m a SU member so I figure that’s my genuine reason, but also planing on buying a good size country property.
Mainly interested in how they’ll view me moving with 50-100 guns and how they transfer them, would I need to put in 50 pta’s, pay 50 interstate transfers etc.
Cheers

Firstly bentaz mate you will have to give them to me to test them to see if they’re safe then i’ll pass the info on to whoever, covid is slowing things up here so you may not get your guns back for ummmm say 18mths :grin: :laughing: :rofl:

3 Likes

Unfortunately we have a Labour Gov so expect a significant amount of arse pain.
Here is a link to the website which gives a brief insight into the process.
Basically you need to apply for a Qld license, no such thing as a transfer unfortunately.
Good news is that your Vic license will suffice whilst you make application as I understand it.

https://www.police.qld.gov.au/weapon-licensing/moving-and-queensland

Just put you move off until after October when we have our election, surely Qlders will have woken up to themselves this time around and Labour will be out.

1 Like

One can only hope.

Mate it may not happen for 5-10yrs. But once my dad dies and my daughter finishes school I’ll be moving to the warm, I might buy the town of Taro, seems the whole place is for sale.

1 Like

Does that mean that plinkfest will move north once that happens?

I bloody hope so :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes it will I reckon, I don’t know about the laws in QLD though

I’m lucky here, we have the best laws, I have access to the property and my local cop is pro gun and shuts down any complaints he gets because he knows we are not breaking any laws.
I actually feel bad for not inviting him sometimes.

3 Likes