mounted sight torch

Yeah, i use the Olight series and tend to have one mounted to my rifle while my mate is scanning with the spot and driving. He seems to be adamant that it put the crittters off because at one stage he said something like, “you didn’t bring that fucking light again, did you!?” :laughing:

1 Like

Old style spot lights

What kind of light is this? Is the bulb like a halogen or an incandescent? LED lights are notorious for emitting more blue light (High Intensity Wavelength) than previous types of bulbs.

Maybe the Animals are noticing the more intense blue compared to the previously warmer colours?

I think he’s using halogen but i don’t ask details. Yep, i reckon you might be right with the blue v yellow/ish light…

We use a LED spotlight when we go and I don’t think it makes any real difference other than being a lot brighter.

Might be time for a new shooting partner lol.

Maybe he can only shoot straight for as far as his old light shines…easier to blame your light than his shooting

1 Like

i’ve got a couple of Olights & i reckon you get better results with them, you can spot & shoot things way further out than you can with a std spotlight. Personally i reckon a vehicle needing to be miles closer with an old style spotty will spook more stuff than an led.

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

He is a pretty good shot, actually.

1 Like