Merry Christmas

Gold. They are used to it though, being a little backwards and all.

runs and hides

2 Likes

So other than NSW getting Covid for Christmas what did everyone get?

Other than the normal little bits and pieces and some gun cleaning/reloading stuff my wife told me that she was giving me a gun shop for Christmas filled with all my favorite toys. I knew that she didn’t buy me a real one (unfortunately) but here is the first piece to the collection with more to follow as she makes them. Bonus points if you can tell the make of it.

With a 223 shell for comparison.

1 Like

So its a Ruger. Perhaps a model 77 the ones with the paddle stock. An ugly thing IMO.

2 Likes

It sure is in both counts lol.
This years plan is to restock and rebarrel it .

The stocks were ugly, but the vintage of the metal work is quite good, and they shoot well.

That’s pretty crafty how did she make it ?, 3D printing?. Anyhoo I think she has a good theme going and should keep at it mate.

I got a couple of hundred gold coins worth of kiln briks and a gutsy gas lil burner for my forge build and a nice bottle of piss, courtesy of the Mrs

But, fark all else this year, not even covaids :pensive:

1 Like

I know right… Global pandemic… Covid - not even once :confused:

1 Like

Yeah… Apparently covaids is not as easy to get in Australia as they would have you bieleve… :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

She actually took a photo of the rifle, scaled it down to size, printed out a stencil and then put it on some pine timber and carved it out by hand. The barrel and scope are made out of dowel, glued in and then painted.

She is a very clever cookie though I am buggered if I know why she married me lol, must have been really bad in a previous life.

She just finished a doll house for the granddaughter that she made from scratch including all the furniture.

2 Likes

Fark me, hand carved it… She’s a keeper in my book mate…
“I am buggered if I know why she married me” , Yeah all of us are wondering that lol… :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyhoo, toss a few pic’s of the doll house the Mrs made into the “Show us the stuff you made” thread mate,
Show us the stuff you made pic's required ...
I’d be interested to see it… I really enjoy seeing stuff people create… :blush: :beers: :sunglasses:

Give a slab of walnut and an inlet diagram. I am prepared to fund basic woodworking tools.

If she is the “chosen one”, we will soon know.

1 Like

Any guesses on what one this is???

1 Like

It’s as if, Martini Henry and some Winchester had a baby or something.

1 Like

1895?

1 Like

Daisy?

1 Like

Sort of.
When the wife started to make it she was using a photo of my Cadet for reference and then got confused and was then looking at a photo of a Martini Henry and then to top it off got the lever confused with a Henry lever action.
So it is a bit of all 3. She wanted to throw it out but i told her to keep it.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/k0tyRATwIP8

3 Likes

Lol, but I had to turn off the sound to apreciate it… else it was getting confusing. . :blush:

Merry Xmas comrades!!

2 Likes

Happy midwinter Sun god celebration Pagans.

2 Likes