Melbourne CBD in lockdown

Not impossible at all.
Dutton, speaking in an ABC interview this morning, said that the assailants passport had, some time ago, been CANCELLED !
He was no longer an Australian citizen!

No, @oldAG. Passport is a document needed to leave the country and enter a different country. That’s all a passport is. Having your passport cancelled just means that you won’t be able to leave Australia legally.

Unless you are deported.

And we’ve made a full circle :slight_smile:

Perhaps it’s escaped your memory that several hundreds of undesirable “kiwis” have been deported.
They were Australian resident only, not citizens.

Correct… However residence is not the same as citizenship. Once someone is granted a citizenship, that’s it, they are a citizen like any other citizen…

So where are you going to deport all the homegrown ice addict generational criminal types that terrorise our society day in, day out all year every year???

Very good question, @Gwion. I have a plan.

So, what we do… We, under the cover of darkness, with tugboats pull the NZ South Island in. At the same time we drop all the deadbeats on Tasmania and pull Tasmania out to replace South Island.

Nobody will ever know.

You of course will move to NT. That will be the New Tasmania. And actuall NT, well, it will be empty by than, so it doesn’t matter.

Why not just drop them all on NZ and be done with it.
Then we can still tow Tasmania north a little so it is not so bloody cold.

Well, I like the south… So I want to bring it in, it’s sort of like Tas only bigger and more ‘grand’. We’d need to keep @Gwion, hence we’d put him on the new island. He’ll be operating the boat, so it’s like for like in terms of distance and coordinates. We’d need to move the Kiwis off of it though, because we wouldn’t want them declaring independence, etc. But we’d keep it as an autonomous republic or something similar. That way we get the benefits of Australian economy and best bits of their legal system. I have thought this through.

As soon as I read this question @gwion I thought of tassie too!!! :rofl:
Sorry :beers:

Also they have decent firearm laws so that’s a plus.
I might have to move to the New Tasmania, someone will need to help @Gwion run the place.

Interestingly the Govts Home Affairs top google results for revocation of citizenship currently lead to 404’s.
However I did find this information which seems to interfere the Ministers powers are wider than I had thought. http://www.findlaw.com.au/faqs/3548/under-what-circumstances-can-an-australian-citizen.aspx

Some further reading - https://law.unimelb.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/2659178/Pillai-and-Williams-412-Advance.pdf

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I say send them all to Detroit.

Doesn’t the saying go, “send us your poor, your sick and your recalcitrant scum bags”???

Hell, i don’t wanna move to NT. Good fishing but too hot for too long… as for NZ south island; too many gaddamn sandflies!

Hey. If they like ICE so much, send them to Antactica!

@Wombat yeah, not reading that ‘further reading’ publication, but the bullet point one is pretty clear…

Cannot revoke if person is to be left stateless. Or cannot be revoked unless citizenship itself has been fraudulently obtained or they have committed crime during that period. So like I said, cannot be revoked…